“Great sandwiches ”

Keyport Mercantile & Sandwich
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Keyport
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

A group of us got together for lunch the other day and were not disappointed. The sandwiches were fantastic. The dining area is small but was crowded. It is a great little mercantile store, with groceries on one side and ice cream (hand scooped) and the restaurant on the other. A bit pricey, I think my sandwich was around $12.00, but could certainly be split between two people.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Having just move here from Hawaii and still living in a hotel, I would meet my wife here for lunch as it was close to work and the place we buying. We ate here multiple times so I had the Cuban and Rueben and my wife had the Turkey and ham sandwiches. The sandwiches were very good with plenty of meat, but not too much. The coleslaw and mac salad were very good too. I have to say I love their pickles as they are home made and I am a pickle connoisseur. After we moved into the house, we tried their pizza and I was very impressed. We usually get a pepperoni and sausage and it was delicious, however; being from Hawaii, I am used to expensive pizza, this pizza was $19.00 which may be a little high for some people, but it was good. I definitely will be going back here.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We purchased a Margarita pizza and took it back to our bed and breakfast to eat. It was delicious, made with a pesto sauce, mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes. Yum!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Not knowing what was available in Keyport for lunch, we asked someone who lives in the area and he recommended the Mercantile & Sandwich Shoppe for fresh, tasty sandwiches.

Located next to the wharf, the Keyport Mercantile was opened in 1903 by Henry Husby. It definitely has an old time feel to it when you walk in. The counters are split between the two halves of the store, the sandwich shop being to your right, but we were greeted with smiles from both sides as we entered.

We placed our order at the counter for a Reuben and a Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich with sides. The sandwiches were made on our choice of bread with our own topping selections and brought out to us.

Since it was a beautiful day, we opted to sit outside on the patio overlooking the water. It was the perfect combination for an awesome lunch.

1  Thank arl3203
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Visit the Naval Undersea Museum in Keyport and travel a couple of blocks more for great sandwiches, pizza or the daily specials at the Mercantile. It's located at the end of a short pier and right on the water. You can enjoy an outside lunch or early dinner watching boat traffic traveling to and from Poulsbo on the dining porch or out on the pier. Food is fresh. Sandwiches are made to order. Prices are reasonable. Perfect way to compliment the museum visit.

1  Thank Lisa P