“Kirkland Secret ”

Momoya Sushi & Sake House
Ranked #62 of 285 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed April 28, 2016 via mobile

Finally visited Momoya Sushi, many friends had recommended going there. The Sushi was wonderful. Service was great. Owner's son Benny was attentive and friendly. We will definitely return soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2016

Momoya is a very small family owned and run sushi restaurant.
Dad is the sushi chef and adult children have various roles and responsibilities.
Our favorite roll is the Lobster Roll. When they have Hamachi Belly it is worth ordering.

If you order take out, order before 6:30p as I find that ordering after 6:30 doubles the wait time from 25 to 50 minutes without notifying us.

One more point to note: when they take a vacation or decide to close, you are at the mercy of a ringing phone number. You hope they will return and they do. But it is a bit concerning when you call and there is no answer. Over time I have learned, they will be back the following week.

Reviewed December 13, 2014

It was one of my first Japanese food experiences, and I couldn't be happier with it. I lived in Kirkland for a while as a kid and the servers were always very kind and courteous. I remember an older lady making me a set of chopsticks that had rubber-bands and paper at the ends to make it easier for my little fingers to use. Happy memories filled with good food! I'd recommend the Yakitori and Gyoza.

Reviewed October 11, 2014

This place offer the best sushi we had in the Seattle area! We do prefer the regular sushi, but they also have a large selection of roll that are very good too.
It is a small place and the service can be a little slow when it is full, but everybody is very friendly, and food's great !

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Momoya. It is a small family-owned place, friendly, and with good fresh fish. Sushi grade fish ain't cheap, but what the restaurant saves on rent you get passed on to you in fine meals. The chirashi and sashimi are good; the pieces are large (at least two or three bites per slice).

Not your average hole-the-wall sushi place. North 85th in Kirkland (aka Rose Hill) is getting some mighty tasty food, at fair prices.

Momoya is in a strip mall just up from Costco, tucked between a Petco and a nail salon. Yeah, it sounds like an odd location but there's plenty of parking. This strip mall and the on uphill from it are becoming a little core of tasty bites with Momoya, Tommy Thai, and Yang's Dumpling House.

1  Thank Malo-ji