“Delicious affordable Thai food”

Lai-Thai Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 291 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Whilst walking around downtown Kirkland I decided to try this Thai restaurant, located near major shopping areas and the waterfront. I had the pad Thai noodles with the summer roll and sticky rice, and was not disappointed. The food is declicious at an affordable price. The service was not too bad either, and you were left feeling that you had just dined in at someone's home. Would certainly recommend if you are in the downtown area.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

So happy to have Lai-Thai only a few steps away from our home in Kirkland. There are multiple choices for Thai in Kirkland but it's easy to decide on Lai-Thai when my wife and I are looking to relax and enjoy good service, tasty Thai and calming atmosphere. After a crazy week we find ourselves drawn towards Lai-Thai.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

We have visited Lai Tai many times since moving to Kirkland, and have always loved the food, and the service is usually top notch. We also love the outdoor seating too. The last time we tried the food here we were very disappointed. But we blamed the meal on the chef...possibly it was a new chef. The main issue we had was the heat level on the meal...I ordered a # 2 heat level on the Pad Kee Mao and it was at least a 10.. Even my husband that likes it very spicy said it was way too spicy to even eat...my lips burned. Instead of making my meal over, the waitress brought me more rice to neutralize the intense heat. So this time my friend and I try the Spicey Lovers lunch this time..and have the opposite problem. We ordered a #2 and #4 heat level..she likes it very spicy...and both meals were so bland and tasteless, not even a #1...that we decided we won't come here again. The waitress said...each chef gives you a different heat so you can't count on getting what you order. The waitress instead brought my friend some dry spices to add to her meal...it didn't improve anything. They should have remade our dishes! We have given them too many opportunities to serve us the meal we ordered. It is too bad they have such a huge discrepancy between chefs cooking styles.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

A friend recommended this restaurant. The service was great and the food was delicious! Waiter (maybe the owner?) was very attentive and was checking our table.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

The restaurant is often not busy but don't hesitate to try something special from the daily menu. Many nice choices and specials, not too expensive and a nice place to go with friends.

Been to Lai-Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!