“Hidden Gem”
Review of Cafe Happy

Cafe Happy
Ranked #66 of 284 Restaurants in Kirkland
Reviewed January 1, 2017

As stated in other reviews, Cafe Happy is a Kirkland Institute that provides healthy fresh vegetarian food. Every drink, sandwich, dish is made fresh. Jay recently took over the cafe from his aunt - we are delighted that he continues the same simple/fresh/healthy food style. Also, Jay is super friendly. Last Thursday, we had Taiwanese sandwich, buns, and noodle soup. So tasty and flavorful!

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I needed a quick, healthy lunch. Stopped at Cafe Happy--gotta love the name. They did a made to order smoothie: spinach, beets, strawberries, couple of apple slices and vegan soy protein. Wonderful!

Reviewed July 17, 2016

Cafe Happy rocks. I don't know how long it has been around, but it is a Kirkland institution. The food is tasty and bizarre - vegan, vegetarian, wheat-protein meat to the Max. In the old days, the hispters from the high school would hang out here and fret about gluten in their soy sauce, while sucking down their cigarettes. Of course, they can't smoke there anymore. You'll feel healthier after a visit to Cafe Happy, and I am certain, happier!

Reviewed September 30, 2015

Visited solo on a cold December evening. The owner offered me a cup of complementary green tea while I waiting on my sandwich. All tasted fresh and homemade. Thank you, will be back with friends!

Reviewed August 29, 2014

I went to this place full of expectations as to what great vegan food in Kirkland could/would be all about. I was disappointed. I ordered a soup that was vegan, but had no real flavor. It is a shame. The people and the restaurant are kind of cool. Maybe I simply caught them on a bad day or I ordered the wrong thing.

Been to Cafe Happy? Share your experiences!