“Neighborhood Go-To Takeout”

Teriyaki Madness
Ranked #75 of 283 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 16, 2015

Ask anyone in the Houghton neighborhood of Kirkland where they go when they want something quick and tasty and Teriyaki Madness is likely at the top of their takeout choices. It's in a fairly nondescript location with little ambiance and limited seating on the inside.
It's across from PCC.

Takeaway is their most common mode but they keep a brisk trade and you won't usually wait long.

The Special is a large quantity of teriyaki chicken covered in sauce on white rice with cucumbers as the side. Our family of four, usually orders 2 or 3 and we can eat our fill.
Cashew Chicken is also a favorite but has less chicken and more veggies. There is a menu of other typical Chinese and Japanese menu items.
Brown rice is an option.

They have a loyalty card and our family has gone through quite a few of them. I'd strongly recommend it when your in the mood for tasty teriyaki. Beware, they are closed Sunday.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I loved it 17 years ago when I needed cheap, tasty food. It's still great today when I return with my family to the Northwest. The "Special" is simple, filling, and affordable. I don't know why I crave it, but the chicken is good and the teriyaki sauce is addictive. Service is quick.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I used to come here regularly when I lived in Kirkland. Portion size is big so many people can actually get 2 meals out of this (or share). I moved out of state and I still crave this from time to time - I've never found a Teriyaki Shop that comes even close to being as good.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best teriyaki in Kirkland and probably Seattle. Small, simple restaurant, but the Salmon teriyaki and the chicken breast teriyaki are both excellent. The sauce is unbeatable. Located next to PCC in Houghton (Kirkland). The restaurant has been there for years, and it's been my favorite teriyaki restaurant ever since I found it.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food is great. They have brown rice. The best cucumber salad on the planet. Service is great. The best teriyaki I have experienced on the east side.

Been to Teriyaki Madness? Share your experiences!