“The Best On So Many Different Levels”

The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Sun Lakes, Arizona
“The Best On So Many Different Levels”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have stayed at The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland twice now, both extended stays. I have traveled for years and the service, staff, the Trellis Restaurant and spa are wonderful. No need for me to try new hotels, I am positively sold on the Heathman. They show that they care about you in everything they do, and everything that they provide for you. They work so hard to be the best that it comes naturally for them. I never take the time to write reviews - they deserve the report on how the guests feel about their good work. Note:They provide a private driver and delux vehicle to take you to and from your appointments, courtesy of the hotel. Go and enjoy, you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: The suites and the rooms are wonderful. The staff will guide you to a variety of choices to meet you...
Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Sherry C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at the Heathman for approximately seven weeks. My condo flooded and myself and my two adorable chihuahuas were displaced. Luckily for us we ended up at the Heathman. The front desk upgraded us to a private corner suite on the second floor and manged to get it approved by my insurance. The room was amazing, two balconies, awesome views, two separate areas (important for kenneling dogs) and the shower was top of the line. I do have to admit I copied some of the bathroom design choices in my remodel.

This hotel has a lot to offer but i have to admit that the customer service is out of this world. I was less than charismatic when I arrived, but everyone on staff was so friendly and helpful I snapped out of my funk almost immediately. Our favorite treat was Ed, the best doorman in the world. He really went out of his way to make us feel special. He is a true animal lover and my dogs calmed down and adjusted due to his attention and kind words, not mention treats! This hotel caters to dogs as well as owners. No additional fee and your furry buddy gets their choice of pet beds. They also provide food/water dishes and daily baked treats. Can you say WOW!

I did have to work while I was here and I found the business accommodations to be top of the line. The wireless connectivity was fast although I could have used a bigger desk. I think you give that up in a suite. Valet always had my car ready in a timely manner when I did have to head into the office.

I also had to eat while I was here. =) I took full advantage of Trellis since the food is top notch. I may be a contender for the largest room service bill. Since it can be pricey, try the daily happy hour from 4-6. Food is 50% off and they even serve you in the lobby. I enjoyed the wine list as well. Another surprise was the fabulous breakfast at Trellis and it competitively priced with all the other local spots. I will be back for brunch and my Greek Omelet.

Since I felt I deserved it and you receive 20% off, I had a few spa services while I was there. Julie gave me the best manicure I had in my life. The Pantera Facial offers lost of extras and was very relaxing. However, I love my new eyelash extensions and I will be back for my fills!

As you can tell, I took advantage of my time away from home. The hotel has an amazing walk score and they offer town car rides complimentary. This hotel really is a great value and you can't beat the customer service. Take some advice from a local.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Sarah G
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is just a wonderful hotel, my absolute favorite when visiting the greater Bellevue-Kirkland-Redmond area outside fo Seattle. Small, elegant but still warm and friendly, great staff who are so happy to help you, delicious food at The Trellis Resturant and also for room service. The room is lovely and comfortable and also, like the rest of the hotel, understated and perfectly charming, rather than over-the-top. I had a rental car but found myself using their wonderful complimentary car service which is such a nice service. I didn't have time to use their spa because my business schedule was so packed but will save that for a treat next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Ellyn F
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Heathman the weekend of Feb. 18th and had a relaxing experience I would definitely recommend. The check in and check out went smoothly and parking was free at a local lot (within 1 block of the hotel) Saturday night and all day Sunday. We took advantage of some of the fantastic perks the hotel had to offer including the happy hour at Trellis, the restaurant connected to the hotel. However, our favorite perk was the complimentary SUV transportation to area attractions. We had dinner reservations at a place in Redmond Town Center and were able to arrange for transportation to and from the restaurant. This allowed us to enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner with no worries. The driver was very polite and gave us suggestions about other local activities, restaurants, etc. He also suggested we come back during the summer months when the hotel will provide transportation to Chateau Ste. Michelle and a picnic basket to enjoy at one of their many concerts. This was a wonderful change of pace from staying in Seattle and we will definitely be back during the warmer months to explore the shops, park, and waterfront area nearby.

7 Thank ireland512
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I took my wife here for her birthday. When we checked in she was immediately greeted with a "Happy Birthday.". We had booked a suite but the upgraded us to a nicer one at no charge. Ed, our parking attendant, chauffeur and room attendant guided us to our suite and took great care of us in general. My only complaint which made me give them a 4.9 instesd of a 5 was that my wife needs distilled water for a CPAP machine which she forgot. I called the front desk and was told they didn't have any but there was a grocery store 5 blocks away so at 8:30 I had to walk down to the grocery store and back. I could not believe that in a hotel of this caliber they didn 't offer to go get me some. I have no doubt Ed would have but he was off on other assignment. Other than that one negative strike we could not have been happier there. They complimentry chauffeur service was so good we didnt take our car out of parking for our entire two day stay.

We will be back. Highly recommended

Room Tip: 4th floor suite with double fireplace overlooking Kirkland Avenue was nice although a bit pricy. Th...
5 Thank CrazieDad
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Really loved our time at this hotel and wished we could have stayed longer. Staff are fast, efficient, and attentive enough to remember your name. Valet service is not extortionately priced like Seattle.

The room is gorgeous, and reminds me of the Pan Pacific in downtown Seattle (5-star). The only complaint is that the mattress topper is pretty soft, and I got quite a few pokes from feather quills. Not my favorite bed in the world.

Otherwise, great location, fast wi-fi all over the hotel, and a top-notch room.

Wish we had made time to eat onsite at Trellis, but now we have a reason to go back.

6 Thank yvr1k
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Heathman may be the best hotel for pet owners and pets I have seen. Excellent service and value. Quiet with lots of nice extras. Good restaurant with an excellent beer selection. Really incredible.

• Stayed February 2012
9 Thank Icantrelax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
2.1 km away
12.4 km away
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
12.7 km away
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Been to The Heathman Hotel Kirkland? Share your experiences!