“One of the best in the area”

Ricardo's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Lacey
Price range: US$28 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Intercity Transit
Description: Established in 2003, Ricardo’s is a local family owned steak house in Lacey, WA serving top grade ingredients from local vendors including custom dry aged beef. Here you will find a passion for steak, wine paired with unrivaled hospitality and the belief that great memories are all that one can hope for in this life. We’d love to be a part of helping to create them with you. Join us!
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

I have been on several occasions for both lunch and dinner. Always tasty, consistent food. Good service. Wonderful value for a steakhouse.
Bar is well stocked.
We will be back!

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

There are so many things going for this place. It's locally owned. The menu is creative. The bar is well stocked and the bartender makes a great cocktail. However the service is so poor I can't give it a good review. We've been there 4 times over the past 9 months. We had average service once and terrible service the other three times.

The bad service starts went you enter. The short haired hostess is, well, territorial. It sounds strange, I know. Here's an example: a server checked in a couple (that had been waiting awhile) and walked off. The hostess eventually came over and asked the couple for the name. The couple responded that someone had already checked them in. Reasonable, right? The hostess said something like "I'm the hostess. I am the only one who can check you in. Now what's the name?" It wasn't an appropriate tone or statement.

When the hostess sat us we clearly had two small children with us, but she didn't give us kids menus. I thought maybe the kid menu would be in the regular menu. Then the hostess filled the large, wine glass shaped glass in front of my 6 year old to the brim with water. I thought that if the glass is left in front of him (or any other 6 year old), he will spill it within 5 minutes. So I asked if there was a smaller glass he could use and the hostess said no and that they had no other glasses. I thought it was strange response because I could see people had drinks at a table near us in small glasses.

I opened the regular menu and there were no kid's options. We asked the server for the kid options and she brought us the kid's menu. We ordered the kid penne with red sauce from the kid's menu, which was spicy. It was so spicy my kids couldn't eat it.

I ordered a dinner salad with no bacon and no dressing. It came covered in bacon. I said, "sorry, I thought I ordered this with no bacon." The serve snapped back "you only said no dressing." After she walked off my husband confirmed I asked for no bacon and no dressing.

After the server dropped off the food she didn't check back and we ran out of drinks. In particular the kid's needed water because of the spicy pasta. Eventually after waiting around 10ish minutes I had to get up to ask for more drinks.

There are several great restaurants with much better service. If I have a choice I will pick another restaurant over this one every time. It's WAY too expensive to not have good service.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The filet mignon was amazing! So tender and cooked perfectly. The duck and grits is also delicious. The dining area is modern; it’s fairly small but that made for an intimate feel. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable about the food, and attentive. The desserts were yummy too! Love the new location and gourmet food.

Rick M, General Manager at Ricardo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thanks, Olygirl8!
Definitely let us know how we can make it a 5. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It matters!
brian@chefricardo.com

Reviewed February 21, 2018

The price of the menu does not equal to the low quaity of food and average service that is recieved. The dining room is very small.

Rick M, General Manager at Ricardo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hi, rogerwZ5323IW

We are certainly not in the business of wanting guests to feel this way. We regret that you feel as much. We do our best to put out a quality product (F&B and service). We recognize we will not win over every guest. It's simply the law of averages. If you'd like to discuss it further, I'd be happy to hear you out, bring you back in, and see what we can do to get you closer to what you felt you should have gotten in the first place. Definitely, reach out to me at brian@chefricardo.com

Brian Fischer
GM

Reviewed February 10, 2018

This was our first time at Ricardo's Restaurant. We went for Happy Hour, and while we thought everything was very good, the food was not excellent (lettuce could have been colder, was lobster bisque homemade or did it come out of a carton from Trader Joe's?, etc). And it was very expensive for a Happy Hour! The atmosphere is very upscale with a mix of industrial and eclectic, but it comes off very nicely. The restaurant and bar were very busy, and as we sat at the bar, we noticed a buzz of confusion/inexperience among the staff. It didn't affect our dining experience necessarily, but it made us wonder about the general service should we have been there for a nice dinner or a special occasion. Another "weird" thing was the man (owner?) wearing huge gold necklaces and medallions reminiscent of disco days. That was just weird. I don't know that we'll be back -- maybe we'll go on a nice day to be able to sit outside in the front patio by the fireplace for a drink. Otherwise, at these expensive prices, we would probably go somewhere else where we know we would get not only excellent food, but excellent service.

Rick M, General Manager at Ricardo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is clear you don't know Rick's story, his appearance, or how it relates to his late Grandfather (Dave Wilson) who raised Rick in the business. The story is actually on our website if you are interested. If you think happy hour prices are too much, we'd encourage you to do some research to learn about the cost of labor, product, and taxes relative to the industry. Not to mention the additional set-asides for sick leave and mandatory wage increases. The profit margins in this business are rail thin. We do this because we love it If you choose to go elsewhere....enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

Brian Fischer
GM

Been to Ricardo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!