All reviews pancake breakfast the river coffee hut sewage smell espresso stand fenced area shower facilities rent tubes volleyball net entire park close to town free shuttle every summer main building hot tub staff was very friendly and helpful air conditioner
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We have stayed at this KOA a dozen times in the last 10 years. Overall a nice place to stay and good for kids. This summer was the first in quite some time that we did not rent a cabin and stay here for a week. Mostly because the cabin prices just aren't as great of a value as they once were when compared to hotels/resorts in town.

For any management reading this, when I go to a campground, I want to build an evening fire in a fire pit, not in a small upright cooking grill. I would highly recommend adding individual fire pits for each campsite and cabin. Also, please update the rec center. It has been a joke for the past several year. I am not talking about a lot of money but, if you are going to have video games, please make sure they work. If you are going to have a pool table, please make sure there are balls and pool cues.

We have had many great experiences at this KOA. Our young kids love going there. That said, we are a family of 5 on a budget. When cabins are comparable in price to Suites in town, the incentive to stay outside of town, in lesser accommodations, is very much diminished.

Mike

Note: Tripadvisor make you select when you traveled and it only goes back to October 2016. I picked this because it was the closest option. We last stayed in September of 2016 and prior to that in July of 2016.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michaelh73
Reviewed September 11, 2017

I heard about this type of campground long before and finally we were able to do a camping in Leavenworth KOA over this labor day weekend. We were already aware of some of the great things like swimming pool, onsite convenience store, rental bikes, outdoor movie, proximity to Wenatchee river and Leavenworth town. We booked the tent camping site with access to water and electricity. While everything else was as per expectation except the tent site. It was just like an open parking lot with lines drawn on the ground. There was no privacy, very limited number of trees in few sites to get the shade. Even though site description says grass pad, but it was all dirt. Did I mention it was in 90s over labor day weekend? It was difficult to set the tent in sun. You cannot stay in tent during the day. In the night, you can hear the conversations coming from other tents. One side of this lot was full of tent sites and back side full of RV sites. First night I could not sleep well due to noise created by the running Air Conditioning units in all the RVs. I paid around $60/night and found it is very expensive compared the value I got from camp site.

On good side, kids enjoyed the swimming pool. We also enjoyed the knee high dip in river, water was too cold to make a dip. Bathrooms were nice and cleaned multiple times a day. There was a ride in tractor and trolley, which we missed, but people of all ages were having fun in this ride.

This site also has lots of cabins. In future I may come back here as long as we are staying in cabins. I won’t do tent camping here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We have been camping here for years & we've always enjoyed it. The staff was friendly & it was maintained well. It's now been bought out by a corporation. We camp out in the meadow & it's always been watered so we would have nice green grass. They haven't watered at all & so all that's there is dead grass & dirt. When we checked in the woman supervisor was very friendly. But the man who showed us to our site couldn't be bothered to move the picnic table so we could back in our trailer. I had to move it. The rest of the staff there aren't very friendly either. The pool had green slime where you walk down the steps & on the sides. And the prices are getting ridiculous. $60 for just water, electric & cable. No sewer. And the internet is pretty much non existent, so spotty & not reliable.

Room tip: This is a campground. Not a hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarlaH765
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Paid $57 per night for a small dirt pad with no privacy. They pack RVs in like sardines. We had to move our truck twice to allow for another RV to maneuver and back-in to their little pad. Needed to stay another night because my husband was sick and raised the price up to $87! We packed up and went to another campground 10 miles away for $22/night with lots of room and privacy. Also on the way to the office, walked through a puddle and was told it was sewage leaking from a campsite. Disgusting, greedy place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank cramerdm
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Great location for camping by the river! We stayed in a deluxe cabin w/bathroom and it was perfect for our girls weekend. Easy river access, clean cabin, awesome pancake breakfast on the weekends too! Only complaint was the espresso stand staff was VERY slow. I would recommend this location for your stay in Leavenworth

Room tip: Choose a deluxe cabin w/bathroom or camping site with river view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends