“Don't beieve every review you read” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alps Romance Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Alps Romance Suites
Spokane, Washington
“Don't beieve every review you read”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife booked this suite for her birthday weekend/ Oktoberfest several months before our stay. After she booked it, I went online and read the reviews. Needless to say, I was pretty discouraged as the room was non-refundable and several of the reviews were extremely negative. After I calmed down, I had to think about the refund policy logically. I work with many small businesses and I realized that the owners need to have a non-cancellation policy in place for their own protection. Would I like to have the option to back out if something unexpected came up? Of course! However, if you book for a weekend when you know you'll be available then what's the problem apart from an emergency ? (and in the event of such an emergency, I for one would probably not be as worried about the $$$ as about the loved one, etc.) When we arrived at the room, everything was clean including the linens, floor, bathroom, hot tub, etc. It was about a 5 minute walk to downtown which I didn't mind at all. Also, they left a small personal note wishing my wife a happy birthday (nice touch). We didn't see the other guests or the people living upstairs the whole time and it felt very private. Some of the pictures attached to the other reviews are obviously a few years old and there have been some improvements to the rooms since that time. I could go on, but in summary, my message to those who have read the terrible reviews, is this: give the Alps a chance! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Acct24601

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lacey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

After reading the other reviews on this website I was very nervous about staying here. I had already booked the room several months before staying, and did not see these until the day before traveling. We went for the 1st weekend of Oktoberfest, and we were glad we booked here. It is nice and quiet away from the main street where there is a ton of noise from the partying, but plenty close enough to walk to the town. The location is in a residential area, but that is clearly stated on the website. You could hear people walking around upstairs, but not much more than you would here in a hotel room. The hot tub was nice, clean, and located in a seperate gazeebo. There were a couple of things I thought could be improved and the only reason I did not give it 5 starts. 1st is the interrior does need a paint job, expecially the bathroom. 2nd, there is not mini fridge or anything in the room to keep bottled water or anything. 3rd, the walkway from the side walk to the patio should have something there other than just wet grass. Other than that I feel that this place is exactly as advertised on the website. The microwave is not in the bathroom, there is no mold growing on the walls, We never once saw any other guest either the ones next door, or above us. The suites are not in a basement, but they are on the first floor. If someone classifiies the rooms as being in a basement, then they have no idea what a basement is.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerAlpsRomance, Manager at Alps Romance Suites, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
You made wonderful comments about your experience at the Alps Romance Suites and we really appreciate it!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts that your hot tub was "nice and clean"

There seem to be times over the years when the suites need a fresh coat of paint. We agreed with you so each suite received a fresh coat of paint throughout the suite including each sleeping area and the bathroom. The suites get a lot of usage so we do need to paint more often than most buildings.

There are now refrigerator/wine cooler combination units in each suite which is a great amenity that the guests seem to be really enjoying.

We took out the grass area in the front walkway and replaced it with mountain river rock. We think it looks cool:). Our next plan is to create a large deck ouside of the suites that will have bistro-style tables for our guests. Wouldn't that be neat? We are preparing the ground for the supports of the large deck. To provide for a peaceful environment for our guests, we do not do any construction projects while guests are onsite so it takes time to complete projects but we like dreaming up new ideas for the suites.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts that the Alps Romance Suites is "exactly as it is advertised on the website".

We are very happy to learn from your review that you had a wonderful time and that you really enjoyed your romantic getaway. We are looking forward to making sure your next experience at the Alps Romance Suites just as wonderful!
Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

Me and my boyfriend were scheduled to spend memorial day weekend at the Alps. What we discovered when we got there was not at all what the website claimed. There are two rooms at the bottom of a house with two hot tubs about 5-10 feet apart in the backyard where other neighbors could plainly see. We had to walk through mud to get to our room. There is no office. However, we saw what we can assume is the owner getting her mail when we got there and I am assuming she lives upstairs. The room was very small, the bed was sqeaky. For two nights we had paid $400 for esentially a room in a basement. About 15 minutes after arriving we left, very upset and, luckily it being Memorial Day weekend, were able to find accomodations at another hotel, Spa Solstice, which was only a little more expensive and was 100% better!!!!

The owner would not refund our money because she says that in the contract it says that we must "immediatly" notify Alps of any problems with the room and we did not speak to her until the following day. However, I saw on one of the other reviews on here someone else who was staying at the Alps "immediatly" advised her of their problems with the room (which were the same as ours) and she refused refund based solely on the fact that it is NON REFUNDABLE. Another review on here stated that they cancelled it hours after making the reservation and the owner stated it was non refundable. We obviously know why she has it non-refundable as it is only normal that most people are very upset when they get to the Alps and realize it is nothing like is portrayed on the website.

The moral of the story is, if you are okay paying $179 + tax a night to stay the night in a tiny room of a basement with two hot tubs in the backyard, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank happilynewlyengaged
It is unfortunate that you were not happy as we try please all of our guests. You stated that the suites were not what was advertsied. Too many other reviewers have pointed out in their reviews that the suites are exactly as advertised so we feel that it may have been dificult to please you no matter what we offered.

We do not agree with your description of the suites or the hot tubs. The suites are very clean and accomodate our guests very well with awesome amenties. The hot tubs are placed in a double-roofed gazebo with dark privacy curtains.

What you did not mention in your review was that upon your arrival, you played the music very loud. We immediatly responded to the complaint of another guest and you were unhappy that you were required to lower the volume of your music. You expressed your belief that since you paid money for the suite that you shoud be allowed to play your music at any volume. You refused and, unfortunately, you were not permitted to stay as it would not have been fair to our other guests at the Alps Romance Suites.

We adhere to the natural amenity of a peaceful environemnt for all of our guests. We feel that a larger hotel that does not strive for overall peace and quiet would serve your lodging needs better.

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Yakima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

This is a perfect place just to relax and focus on your spouse! My husband and I go here every year for our anniversary. The rooms have a tv, cd and dvd player (with dvd's to watch!), wine cooler, in room sauna (very clean!), and a jacuzzi/hot tub right outside (also clean! with curtians). You feel like you are in the backyard of the mountains. The birds even let me watch them while I was in the hot tub one morning. The rooms are 5 star clean, towels, sheets and robes are brand new white. We like to spend our weekend focusing on each other then spend the morning/early afternoon shopping in Leavenworth. The town itself is the pretty much the same year after year, so it makes it easy for us to just be alone the rest of the weekend! Staff is great if you need them!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

My boyfriend and I were only there for one night and didn’t want our stay to end. It was by far the most romantic and relaxing place to spend a night; a perfect way to focus on our relationship and become even more connected! The hot tub was amazing and private! After our visit we both agreed this would become and yearly get-a-way!

Even with our great experience, there were still and few minor draw backs.

Something the website does not tell you, unless I just missed it, is the place is located in a neighborhood were families with their children are walking by. It was a little odd and uncomfortable; I can only guess what those people are thinking…

Upon arriving we could not remember which room we had booked; therefore, we were unsure which lockbox had our key. After about ten minutes of playing with the wrong box we noticed the other one had our code stored in it. After a few more minutes of trying to get our key out of the correct box, we made it in our room. (The room was beautiful and the music added that extra touch!) As we walked back to our car to retrieve our baggage, there is a very small step that I had not notice and walked right into, I thought I broke my toe which was a bit of a mood killer but I’m fine and we continued on. (They should maybe paint it yellow or mark it somehow to make it more noticeable for those of us who are a bit slow sometimes.)

The downside to the hot tub was the curtains. As I said before it is private, however; there were a few times the wind picked up a little and blew them around. I would recommend shutters for extra privacy! And the only button I could get to work on the hot tub was the jets; however, that was only to turn them on. Once they were on, I could not turn them off. (The staff might have the key pad locked.) OH! The robes you wear out to the hot tub are very nice; I want to get one for home!

The last two set backs that we came across where not really set backs but a preference. It didn’t matter to me but my boyfriend really could have used a window. There are two sets of French doors, which are very nice, but when you just need a little air, it doesn’t quite work. And lastly, I was not fond of the showerhead. However, I left that on my comment sheet and we received an email from the management informing us they replaced it!

I hope everyone will give the Alps a try. People are more prone to write a complaint than a compliment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blondeonboard
WA.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

The room was very nice at first and the sauna was great. Also the staff I talked to on the phone was very pleasant. But when I checked the “HOT TUB” out at 5:00 pm the temperature was 84 degrees. I called the owner, she said the guest before us had turned the Hot Tub off and it would be hot in about an hour. At 10:00 pm the temperature was 89 degrees, and the controls did not work. The privacy curtains around the Hot Tub did not provide privacy ( with it dark outside and lights on inside with white curtains, well you get the picture). We liked the room until the temperature outside went down and the fake fireplace and the room heater did not provide ANY heat.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 4thdan
ManagerAlpsRomance, Owner at Alps Romance Suites, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
We are pleased to see that the post states that the room was “very nice” and that the sauna was “great” and that they had a good customer service stating that the staff was “pleasant”.

However, the guests have not been truthful in the rest of the post. The guests did use the hot tub and the temperature of the hot tub was appropriate. The hot tub is automatic and there are no controls for the guest to operate as the hot tub is maintained at a constant 104 degrees.

The reviewer stated that the controls on the hot tub are broken. That is not truthful as there are no controls on the hot tub so there was not anything possible to be broken.

The guests stated that they did not like the row of lights that are on the inside of the hot tub. The lights are there for safety when first entering the hot tub at night. They are also for the guests to decide if they want the row of lights on or off. To turn them off the guests simply turn the switch off. The switch is the only switch there and it is plain sight.

The guests also reported that the fireplace/heater in the room did not work. This is also false as the guest did not make any attempt to push the “on” button. After the on button is pushed then the guests can choose between 750 watts or a very powerful 1500 watts. The guests did not choose either one. Finally, the guests could have used the wall thermostat to set their desired temperature with the main room heater and did not do that either. The wall thermostat is located at eye level directly next to the door. We are pleased that they said that they liked the room until it became dark outside. However, they did not turn on either of the heaters that were available to them. They did not even turn on the mattress warmer as it was found in the original position set by housekeeping. We are not sure how more obvious we can direct guests to the wall thermostat or the electric fireplace that has the additional feature of the built-in heater.

In addition, it is frustrating to see that the guests changed their ratings that they gave the suites. Inside each guest suite the guests have a “Guest Questionnaire” that they can complete on their own and in the privacy of the suite without any contact from management. This is not mandatory but always appreciated. The form is completed in the guests’ own handwriting.

In this case, the guests gave us much higher ratings only to change them when writing the review for Tripadvisor. We will maintain the original ratings that they completed and will make it available for review to anyone upon request. Our e-mail address is info@alpsromance.com.

We are also frustrated that the guests made no mention of the free dozen red roses that they received from the Alps Romance Suites that is normally $70.00. However, they mentioned in their own hand writing on the Guest Questionnaire the following: “the room was beautiful and had a romantic atmosphere; the sauna was great, the roses were beautiful, and the chocolates were great! Overall, our experience was nice.”

Again, we will be happy to show this to anyone upon request. We will not dispute reviews that are truthful. However, we will dispute reviews that do not state the facts.
ellensburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

It has taken me almost one year to this date to decide that I must share with you our experience with "Alps" because everytime I think about it it makes my stomach sick. Both my husband and I have been regular costumers of Leavenworth, and had the opportunity to experience excellence of service while enjoying a variety of resorts, Hotels and Inns in the past. As we searched the web to determine where to stay this year in Leavenworth, we came across the web site of Alps Romance Suite. The presentation of Alps Romance Suite website was impressive and seemed to provide a very nice get-away.
There were many deceptive features pertaining to Alps Romance Suites in which was publicized in their website such as: Location, privacy, amenities, and cleanliness.
I will spare you with the enormous details of the issues we encountered with “Alps…”, but what I will share with you is the experience of discovering “freshly looking” body fluids on the bedding once we had almost settled in. The disheartening part of it was not being able to reach management, and received no response until the next day by telephone. Subsequently, we had to check in elsewhere, costing us an additional $270.00. Later on, the management contacted us, took no responsibility, and also made us feel as though we were lying about the whole thing. We disputed the charges and finally after several attempts, our credit card Co. sited with them since they wrote several pages of which was deceptive in nature, contradicting everything we experienced. The weekend from “HELL” ended up costing us nearly $500.00 for one night away! Please DO NOT stay at “Alps Romance Suites”, and believe nothing they tell you.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Samblazina
ManagerAlpsRomance, Owner at Alps Romance Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2010
We understand that we cannot please everyone. However, after their stay with us the guests are asked to complete a review (and provide comments) regarding their stay. The “Guest Comments” form is placed in the suite on the table for the guests to complete (if they choose) anytime during their stay and at their convenience. We save all of the reviews as they are written in the guest’s handwriting. We have a 94% approval rating in which the guests enjoyed their stay with us and would recommend the Alps Romance Suites to others. The approval rating is considered to be a very high approval rating in the lodging industry. We have placed many of the comments on our website.

For the comfort and safety of all of the guests at the Alps Romance Suites, there are rules that are similar to what guests would find at most high-end lodging establishments. Due to the peaceful surrounding that guests long for during their romantic get-a-ways, our rules regarding excessive noise, “partying”, sneaking a pet in the suites are very clear and swiftly tended to if necessary. That response is only fair to support the other guests who have come to the Alps Romance Suites for peace, solitude, and to enjoy romantic amenities.

It is unfortunate that reviews can be posted anonymously and that the information posted is not verified to be accurate. Another area of frustration is that the management is limited to what information they can include in the management response. This limitation allows the posting person an opportunity to make false statements with a limited response from the management.

This reviewer has made false statements. Additionally, she failed to mention several very important facts that surrounded her stay. We will report the facts as they were and we offer numerous pictures to support our statement. Since, she has put us in a position to correct her posting; we will offer the pictures (upon request) that were taken of the suite that relate to her stay to anyone who makes the request.

She has left very important facts out of her review and has not been truthful about other facts. Actually, she (and her husband) arrived with another couple. We were full that night and we did not have any other suites available. She noticed that the guests in the suite next to theirs had not yet arrived. After several requests, she demanded that we allow their friends to be able to “have” that suite because their friends were already there. We were unable to give the suite to her friends as it had already been reserved by another couple several weeks before.

Over the next several hours, she and her husband had intimate relations in the bed, they allowed their friends to use the hot tub with them as well as the infra-red sauna (the amenities are for the guests only), laid in bed and watched the HD-TV, ate the Belgian Chocolate Truffles, drank the entire bottle of sparkling apple cider, they took showers, they used a total of 10 towels (6 full bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 face clothes), they made a significant amount of mess in the suite causing the housekeeping staff to expend additional time in cleaning the suite.

When they again demanded that we force the other guests to find another lodging location so that their friends could stay near them and we denied her request, she stated that they were leaving.
It was later verified by the credit card company that she had checked into the same hotel that her friends were already registered at. She initially denied that but the credit card company presented her with the date and time that she used her credit card at the other lodging facility. Then, she admitted to that fact. She has not even been truthful regarding the amount that was paid. She did not pay $270.00 or anywhere close to that. We are frustrated that disgruntled people are allowed to make any statements and yet are not required to support their statements.

She would like to convince others that they were the victims. They were not. She and her husband and their friends took advantage of the Alps Romance Suites and left the suite in a terrible state. In her post she used dramatic words such as “freshly looking body fluids”. That would shock anyone that read such words. Those words are a lie. It would be impossible to have such a thing happen at the Alps Romance Suites. Since the time that the suites were opened, all linens are put through a sanitation wash cycle. The machine automatically cleans and sanitizes each linen and towel with bleach and extrememly high temperatures. Additionally, she and her husband had had intimate relations in the bed.

Initially, she denied everything to the credit card company. She denied that they had had intimate relations in the bed; she denied that they had used the hot tub, the infra-red sauna, took showers, watched the HD-TV, ate the Belgian Chocolate Truffles, and drank all of the sparkling apple cider. However, when she was presented with pictures she admitted to everything. Her credit card company (whose first responsibility is to protect the card holder) refused to support her.

We still have all of the pictures that were taken and we will provide a copy of the pictures via e-mail to anyone who would like to know the facts. We are frustrated that pictures have been posted that state they are of the Alps Romance Suites when in fact, they are not. For example, some of the pictures show hot tubs under a wood structure. In fact, the hot tubs are each in their own gazebo (white in color) with full curtains.

She stated that you should “not believe anything that they tell you”. The difference is that we will back up everything that we say and we will not be anonymous about it.

As previously stated, we have a very high approval rating and many comments from our guests are posted on our website. We have the original comment forms that have been left in the suites for us by our guests. If anyone would like to review a copy of the original comments made, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to provide a copy to you.

We understand that review sites are designed to allow people to review a property. Unfortunately, when verification of facts is not required, the anonymous reviews cannot be assumed to be accurate.