“Customer service was AMAZING!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Customer service was AMAZING!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, and even though this isn't a 5 star hotel our experience was very delightful. The prices were very affordable, and the customer service was very much appreciated. The young man that worked the front desk was very polite, he shook mine and my husbands hand more than once and welcomed us each day we were here. Not to mention the young man was very comical, I don't think I have seen my husband laugh that hard in years. The overall experience was a 9 out of 10 and we will definitely be staying here next time we are passing through.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Spokane, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

The hotel itself is very outdated and basic, yet there is a pool, laundry, and decent breakfast. We had an in room coffee maker and fridge. While pillows and beds could use a little updating, room rates are very affordable, even for the jacuzzi suites. I LOVE their use of soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers in place of individual packaged counterparts. Ultimately the goal was for my husband and I to get away sans kids, and that goal was met.

We were a Groupon customer and I was originally disappointed with the fact that our $99 value (purchased for $49 through Groupon) standard room Groupon would in reality only save us $4 from the actual standard room rate of $53/night. I was even further upset when I called to speak with the hotel about this asking for an upgraded $89 room if one was available. We were offered a $39 upgrade fee for the $89 upgraded room ($49 groupon valued at $99 + $39.99 upgrade fee = the regular price of an upgraded $89 room :P ). Customer service at this point was not pleasant, but rather upsetting, full of excuses and not apologetic toward our disappointment.

**With that said** when we arrived at the hotel for check in, the manager decided to upgrade our room free of charge and the check in clerk had wonderful customer service skills. Immediately our view of Cedars Inn improved.

Would we stay again? Perhaps. I really wish that our initial interaction with the manager didn't end up as negative as it had, but honestly, I see Cedars Inn as a little hotel that has a lot of potential. I would imagine that if we visit Cedars Inn again, our experience would be far more positive, especially with the Groupon variable gone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Our stay was from 10/7/11 to 10/10/11 for a little get away for my wife and myself. When I called for the reservations I asked for the standard king room and told the gentleman I would really like a fridge and a microwave. I thought I'd have upgrade to an executive king to get them. To my surprise he said they could have a fridge and microwave put in the room at the standard king price. We even got a discounted price by showing our CAA membership. The staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay a great one. I would not hesitate to stay at the Cedars Inn again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gator002
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Our family stayed at the Cedars Inn 9/9/11-9/6/11 for our annual Grandparents Weekend trip to Silverwood. We “upgraded” to the family suite for $35 more per night, which was only worth it because of the extra room. Totally not worth the price though. The so-called “kitchen” had nothing in it – no dishes, no soap for sink, no sponges, no towels, nothing! It was basically an open space with some empty cupboards and a dorm size fridge. Everything in our suite was FILTHY. All of the chairs were stained, the TVs were coated in dust, the counters were dirty and the carpet was disgusting. Our toilet broke after the first day and we had 3 very tiny “bath” towels. Not to mention, there was no shampoo left in the bath and the AC made a horrible noise the entire time. Back to the towels… the towels were hardly towels. They were the size of gym towels, totally thin, see through, and falling apart. I was not going to complain about our stay because the staff was friendly, BUT my credit card was charged $8.00 after we left. When I called asking about the charge, I was told it was due to “stained linens.” Really? I have never heard such a thing and unfortunately since this charge took place after we left, I cannot prove that we didn’t stain the towels. The towels were absolutely disgusting and I remember reading the sign about reusing them if you choose to. I can understand this if staying in a hotel with nice towels, but these were rags. The towels were so thin and inadequate, there was no way to reuse a rag. I was extremely upset over this charge and sent formal complaint to hotel management and never got a single response back. In addition, they have handwritten sign on the pool door stating that kids can’t be in the pool after 10PM. They don’t even have a clock inside the pool area or anywhere within viewing distance to be able to tell what time it is. Really? How about making a professional sign rather than something handwritten, and provide a $5 clock from Wal Mart so people know what time it is. Management seriously needs to look at the entire hotel and make some changes. I travel all the time for work and while Cedars Inn is no Hilton or Westin, there are certain expectations that come when you stay at any hotel… clean room, decent towels (the worst I have ever seen of any hotel) and adequate amenities. The $8 charge to my card was completely unacceptable. Lesson learned – I should have complained about everything at the time but chose not to, and make the most out of our annual family trip to Silverwood. We will return to the beautiful AmeriTel in Idaho next year. I will be sure to tell EVERYONE I know NOT to stay at the Cedars Inn at Liberty Lake. I purchased part of our stay on Groupon so if you ever see “Cedars Inn” on any deal site, do not bite! Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl L
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed at the Cedars Inn for one night on a family road trip. We used a coupon (from one of those gas station booklets one can pick up along the highway) to get a very reasonable rate. The room was great, the pool was nice, and everything was very clean and pleasant. The staff was courteous and helpful and the surrounding area was quiet with a grocery store and a few fast food places just a few blocks away.

It is a good deal and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Doug W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We got to the hotel and we found out, our room that we had specifically for a queen and a rollout, had been given away and we were given a room with a king size bed, and no other places to sleep with four people in the same room. We also found bugs around the bathtub and we called the front desk and asked them to spray, she sighed and said that they had just had the exterminator in. 8p The beds were also scratchy and rock hard.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Latuacantante
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I decided to stay in this hotel because I had a Groupon for it. I made the reservation online and in the comments I stated that this was a Groupon purchase. When I arrived, I was charged the full rate. When I showed them my Groupon they said that I had to call to make a reservation if I had a Groupon, information which apparently I missed. It was the managers attitude that made it such a bad experience. She did nothing to soothe me. She seemed to only try to antagonize me. I asked if I could cancel the reservation, but NO, she haughtily stated that they needed 48 hours notice so I'd be billed anyway. 48 hours? She refused to honor the Groupon, or do anything to appease me. And now I know that they don't read the comments on the reservation form, so don't bother.
Additionally, a young man tried to come in my window about 11 pm. I screamed, BLOODY murder, several times and he went away. Not one person came to inquire about the screaming. I thought that was odd. I didn't report the incident because the young man came to my door and apologized to me...he thought it was his room next door to mine...why he was coming in the window I don't know, but he seemed very embarrassed. While we don't want to hear the couple next door in any hotel, not one person heard me? If I had heard screaming at that decibel, I would have called the front desk to report it. Did someone? Don't know. The hotel sits next to a large empty acreage, so I'd worry about security if you stay there.
The breakfast buffet was sort of a joke. Weak, weak coffee. No half and half, only white powder. Bleh.
I noticed in the morning as I left, huge puddles in the pool area....the same puddles that were there the evening that I checked in. Obviously no maintenance going on there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Post Falls
12.0 km away
Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!