I had to rate this as terrible because although there were inconveniences (Kids "therapy pool" out of order, dark stairway with construction debris, although they have and indoor pool you have to go outside to get to it, my Internet didn't work and I was told that they would "look into it" with no results). Yes the place it old, fireplaces don't work (was warned in advance on my reservation) and even with my inconveniences I wasn't that upset at first. It does have a good location and the staff that checked me in were polite and nice.
Unfortunately check out sucked. The girl was not friendly, at first didn't give me a copy of my bill, chewing gum and didn't seem to have any interest in who I was or what I wanted. Even still at that point I was disappointed but wouldn't have rated it terrible. It was after I arrived home and realized I had left my laptop computer cord in my room. I quickly called and spoke to staff at the lodge. The man that answered the phone was at least polite and reported that my cord had not been turned in but that he himself would go look and call me back. The weird thing was that he said he got my comment card (I had left on the table in my room next to my power cord) and that the next time I stay they would give me a discount. I provided my cell number at I work 10-12 hour shifts.... No call back. I called again. This time staff was not as friendly, reported they didn't know anything about my cord and took down my name and number again and promised that someone would call me back....no call back.... I called yet again, this time after several rings a man answered out of breath, didn't say who he was or even the Lodge's name and then asked me to hold. Put me on hold before I could say yes or no. Answered again several minutes later. Wasn't interested in listening to my concern and but at least again took my name and number and promised my someone would call be "right back". Apparently my interpretation of "right back" is not their's. Because guess what .... no call back .I then emailed the next day and got a rude reply stating yes my power cord was right there in the lost and found and that they would ship it back to me but I would have to pay a $10 fee and pay for shipping which they wanted to ship COD. At this point I was disgusted that they would offer me a discount to stay there but wanted me to pay a fee and shipping. I emailed again and reminded them as I had told each one of the staff that I had talked to earlier in the week and even included in my email.... I work 10-12 hr shifts. Which means that I would not be home to meet the mail man and pay for my stupid cord. I offered to pay for my own shipping (which I felt was fair since I left it behind) if they would send it priority so that it could be left at my door. I also asked who the owner/manager of the lodge was so I could pass on how unhappy I was.... can you take a guess what happened???.... no reply, no call, no cord!!!
Don't stay there if you are expecting good customer service!
- update. After 2months!!! they sent my cord COD (completely disregarded my request). They never called or wrote me to let me know they had sent it. So not only did I have to go to the Post Office on my day off, I ended up paying $20.95 to have my power cord back. After all said and done I should have paid the $20 and stayed at a nice hotel with good staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront motel featuring 60 suites (sleeping up to 8) and 60 rooms with either one king bed or two queen beds (sleeping up to 4) with direct access to the beach and Discovery Trail. All rooms face the ocean, with views on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Features year-round, heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, elevator, pet friendly rooms (with additional fee), ample parking and largest conference facility on Long Beach Peninsula. Items available for free check out from the front desk include dvd players, ironing boards and irons, fans, pool toys and sports equipment. Volley ball net, tether ball, bbq pits and picnic tables on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Chautauqua Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chautauqua Hotel Long Beach