“warm and inviting”

and 1 more site!
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have had the pleasure of staying at the Breakers several times. And with our stay have met a wonderful friend, Michelle.
The most important thing to us is that it is pet friendly! They are very welcoming to our 4 legged kids and to us that is priceless.
The units are fully stocked, more than accomodating to include right down to paper towels. And in each closet you will find kites, swim fins and a plethora of movies and games for those indoor days. The kitchens have everthing you need for food prep, even wine glasses. Plus a coffee maker and coffee.
The pool is a nice size, the outdoor hot tub large and very clean.
The walk to the beach is just right for our dogs and provides a nice trail right to your door.
We feel fortunate to have found such a nice Home away from Home. Oh and can't forget the free Wi-fi!

Room Tip: LOVE the corner units! More windows~
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 October 2011

We recently stayed at The Breakers for one night while at a family reunion. We were looking for a place that was on the beach, comfortable accomodations (more like an apartment rather than a hotel so we could cook breakfasts etc) yet was close to Long Beach. This worked out very well. The access to the beach is phenominal - just a short walk through the dune grass) and just on the edge of town. The unit was clean and nicely decorated with local things, beds were good.

1  Thank Roadrunner10485
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Nice rooms very comfortable and good veiw. The rooms have a condo feeling full kitchens.

1  Thank Ralph M
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We recently had a small family reunion and all stayed at The Breakers. Very comfortable place to stay, it has a condo feel vs hotel feel which I loved! The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, great wi-fi and the room had some puzzles and games! The room was pet friendly and clean and you could not smell the "other pets" (which means clean room!) :). Others have commented on decor....I found the decor to be tasteful and more of a "home feel" ours was a nautical theme. I would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 27 September 2011

From the time we checked in we were greeted with a smiling and happy staff and excellent service. Our two bedroom suite was perfect for ourselves and our granddaughter and greatgrandson, and, of course, our dog Genghis. Genghis even had special places he could run and do his stuff. The rooms were decorated nicelly, very clean and the kitchen had everything you could need. Plenty of parking around the entire comples. Lots of things to see on the LBPmand The restaurants on the Long Beach Peninsula were fabulous. The Peninsula Golf Course was just one block away for those that golf.
I would recommend the Breakers to everyone.

If I have any complaint, it would be our stay was too short.

Room Tip: From what I could tell, they're all good rooms.
1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I booked our room without reviewing The Breakers accidentally, I never do that! I was soooo nervous. My husband & I travelled with our 4 yr old son & 2 dogs. This place was just right! It was clean & had everything in it that we needed, including lots of books, games & puzzles. We could just barely see the ocean but the walk there was not bad, only about 10 mins to get there...We only stayed one night. We would have like to stay closer to the beach or at least have a better view if we were going to be staying any longer. Judging by the reviews, we must have gotten lucky because our room was very clean, no mold, no buggies & it was a pet room...no smell! (Room 422)

Room Tip: Stick with the 2nd or 3rd floor for a decent view of the ocean.
1  Thank LovesGermany
Reviewed 21 September 2011

If you rent here and want an ocean view be sure to rent something on the second or third floor. I stayed in room 402 which was a bottom level one bedroom condo. No ocean view and the unit was one of the most worn condos I've ever rented (and I've been to a lot of them). Fine if you've got rambunctious kids and don't want to have to worry about them wrecking nice decor. The other issue I had with this place is - and I know others mention this in their reviews - the walls are paper thin. I kid you not I could actually hear the woman in the room next to mine clear her throat several times and even heard someone yawn!!! They were not noisy people but I could hear every word of their conversations. There are positive things about this place which is why I marked it average. The office staff were, with only one exception, wonderful. The buildings are offset which meant we looked out into a big lawn instead of into someone's window, there's a nice trail to the beach and to the walking trail right by the condo, and the indoor pool and hottubs were nice.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my summary, choose a room on the second or third floor if you want an ocean view.
1  Thank morejourneystocome