“Great Fish & Chips, don't forget the chowder”
Review of Ivar's Seafood Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ivar's Seafood Bar
Ranked #61 of 295 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Reviewed 29 August 2016

A Seattle tradition - but in a fast food setting. The fish is prepared for you & always best eaten freshly prepared. Normally order panko style fish with a side Caesar salad instead of fries & a warm bowl of white clam chowder. Salmon, halibut, clams, shrimp, scallops are also available. We have been going for years and the food is always consistently great.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

First discovered during a trip to Seattle to board a cruise ship last August, my wife and I made it a priority to return to Ivar's in Lynnwood, WA for clam chowder, fried clams, and fried calamari.

My maternal grandmother made a fantastic clam chowder and I thought I would never find an equal. I was wrong. Ivar's clam chowder is even better that my grandmother's (sorry Grandma but it's true).

Not only is the clam chowder to die for; but the fried clams, fried calamari, and french fries (chips) are equally well-prepared and tasty. Ivar's deep fried clams and calamari were tender and not at all oily; something I cannot say about so many other seafood restaurants we have visited over the years.

One of the questions TripAdvisor asked was: "Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?". My answer is "Yes" but with qualification. Our three meals at Ivar's (two in Lynnwood and one at SeaTac) have been three of the best seafood meals of their type we have ever had; however, being from the San Francisco Bay Area where great seafood restaurants abound, Ivar's is not a restaurant of white tablecloths and attentive waitstaff. It is just plain good food in a casual environment - one we plan to visit time and time again during our travels to the Northwest - so good in fact that we will be ordering Ivar's clam chowder for our enjoyment at home.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Beautiful spot for lunch on the water. The service was spectacular.. Sergio provide insight into the menu as we asked the questions on select items. Hubby loved his fish and chips and my salmon and cup of New England chowder shined. The chowder was even better than the high ranking Pike Place Chowder . Creamy and thick, full of clams flavour and hot hot hot. Try a Seattlite straight up. Sergio invented it. Very accommodating here. 5 minute wait at peak time. Right next to Argosy Cruise and a short walk from the Aquarium.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Clam chowder was very good. But the scallops I had were a bit strange and tough- very non-flakey. French fries were great. Coke slaw is pretty sweat. And the service was friendly and fast.
I do not think I would find myself here again.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Great quality fish & chips and clam chowder. Fish was perfectly cooked, very fresh Alaskan Cod. Offers grilled as well as fried fish options.