“Great indoor play area”

Add it.
Playdate Cafe
Ranked #133 of 315 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Reviewed September 6, 2017

My son has been bringing his children here for the past 4 years, and as a grandparent, I think it is a wonderful place for toddlers, especially on our rainy northwest winter days. There is an enclosed area for infants only which is nice to keep them separate from busy toddlers. There are several little rooms that offer make believe play. All the play area are visible from the parent sitting area. They also have an area for book reading. The onsite cafe is nice as it does offer some healthy food options. My major problem is that his wonderful indoor creative play is so expensive for the average family to come on a regular basis, even with a season pass. The concept is terrific but unfortunately, only available to families with above average salaries.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

Great place for the out of town visitor needing a place for our 3 yr old grandson to have a blast. Food, just ok. Had a sandwich that was supposed to be made on the panini press and served hot, couldn't tell. It was not warm. Others in our group of 4 adults had similar experience. Go for the fun, not the food.

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

My Friend and I met here for a playdate with our 3 yr olds and her 1 yr old baby, I was 7 months pregnant. We had been here several times before, and we continue to pay the ever increasing admission, we also paid for and wore their socks to follow along with policy, after the kids played we ordered food for ourselves and kids. At this point we had spent at least $80. As we were waiting for our food my friend gave her baby a cracker. A employee came over and berated her for bringing in outside food at length, I was shocked because it was just a cracker for the baby and we were paying customers. Even in a restaurant you would overlook that especially if the customer ordered food. We were made to feel so uncomfortable with this ongoing lecture from the employee but had no choice to stay because we were waiting for food we had already paid for and we had hungry kids. I will Never go back here again even if I am invited for a birthday party by someone else.

Reviewed April 30, 2015 via mobile

Ok I honestly have yet to try the food, but the play area is fantastic and my daughter loves it here! The only negative is when it's crowded and parents ignore their kids. (I wish I knew the secret of when it is the least busy!) Fights over toys and pushing and shoving happen way too often when parents aren't watching. This place is really great though because you have a pretty good view of the entire play area from practically everywhere in the cafe. Don't be that parent that sits on their laptop though, you still need to watch your kid, it's not the job of the volunteers!

Reviewed October 20, 2014

I recently took my 2 year old to Playdate Cafe and she loved it! We've visited many great playcenters in the Seattle area and this is my favorite due to great design, lots of fun activities for babies/toddlers and variety in activities. Also it's on 1 level which makes it very easy to go from activity to activity. Parents can sit while the children play. Also the restaurant has a great healthy menu which includes organic & baby food and very cute layout which includes many high chairs and toddler sized tables.

1  Thank LiliM_2015

Been to Playdate Cafe? Share your experiences!