“Slowly going down hill” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Abbotsford, Canada
“Slowly going down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I used to highly recommend this hotel and casino, but after today all that will change. To begin with it was only little things- the alarm clock going off at 10am when I wasn’t the one who set it, and I had only gone to bed a few hours before. The curtain not closing tightly, so you get that stream of light right in your eyes when you’re trying to sleep. The call button on the elevator not working- even though we had reported it a month ago on our last stay at the hotel on the same floor. All these things are annoying but fixable- however the treatment I received in the Eagle’s Buffet is NOT. My friend and I were having brunch in the buffet. Our waitress pointed out that money had been dropped under our table. My friend had been going through her pocket, so we thought nothing of it, picked it up and continued on with our breakfast. My friend went up to get some food and the Buffet Manager approached my table. He indicated that a guest had called down because she had lost her money and the waitress had told him that money was under our table. I told him when my friend returned to our table I would have her check to see if it had been her money. I had finished my breakfast however my friend was still getting items she wanted and realized I didn’t have change to tip my waitress, so I went outside of the restaurant to cash out my slot ticket so I had some change. Suddenly the manager comes walking swiftly up to me asking where my friend is in a rude and accusing tone. I indicated she was in the restaurant getting food and I would speak with her regarding the money. As I returned to the restaurant the manager was staring at me like I was a criminal or something. I went to find my friend to clear up the issue. My friend checked and did have more money than she remembered having, so I took the money and gave it to him. I spoke to him in regards to how I was not okay with him treating me like I had done something wrong and was a thief. He argued he had not and felt there was nothing wrong with his actions. He indicated that he trusts no one and that’s how he responds to people. I indicated that I was never returning to this hotel or casino again. I returned to my table while my friend finished her meal. The manager did come to our table and gave me a card with a $40 comp on it for food, however he wasn’t genuinely apologetic. I’m not sure why he thought my integrity was for sale but it is not and if it was, it’s worth more than 40 bucks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank CubbieBear1979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife was sent to the Tulalip for a conference so I tagged along for the weekend. I was very impressed with the facility - very classy and a great use of Native American themes mixed into a modern setting. The room was very classy and roomy with some great amenities. The restaurants were all great with very good food. I'm not a gambler so I stayed away from the casino, but I appreciated the fact that the casino was separate from the hotel facility! Every staff member I interacted with were all very friendly and welcoming. The hotel wireless Internet was very good with excellent signal but they lock the bandwidth rate to prevent over subscription (and Netflix?). But the in-room Ethernet was faster and well suited to doing some work while relaxing in the room. Overall it was an excellent visit and the Tulalip is now on my short list for a nearby get away location!

• Stayed February 2012
Chilliwack
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We recently stayed for 4 nights. These are by far the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. They are clean, have beautiful decore and are smoke free.

The casino was very smokey and I felt like I had smokers cough for a few days after leaving. That would be our only complaint Perhaps some better airflow in the casino.

Food was great at all restaurants and we love that it is so close to the outlet malls and Seattle.

Will definetly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as the views are nicer.
2 Thank Johnny K
Vancouver Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Just returned from 2 nights at the Tulalip Resort and have to say this is one fabulous hotel. My daughter and I have stayed in some pretty nice places but this certainly one of the best! Beautifully decorated, absolutely spotless, comfortable beds, nice pillows and linen and, of course, the awesome bathroom with shower to die for!!!!! Shopping at the outlet mall is so handy and the free shuttle bus was great as the weather did not invite a walking adventure. We ate both nights in the Cedars Cafe and the food was both reasonable and delicious as well as very attractively presented. Since slot machines tend to get a bit boring, especially when you're not winning, we decided to try the Craps table. First time for both of us and their gaming staff is the best! Both the guys and girls at the tables were not only patient in showing us "newbies" how to play but were so friendly and helpful that we almost enjoyed losing our money (ha, ha). Seriously, we are definitely not what anyone would call high rollers but they made it fun and taught us the basics. In total, we were a group of 6 friends and, without exception, class this as one of the finer hotels any of us have ever stayed in. Where else would you take pictures of the art in your room and throughout the hotel as well as the lighting accents throughout the hotel? Certainly not in tacky Las Vegas. This has any hotel there beat by a country mile! Looking forward to our next trip and congratulations to whoever did the interior design and decorating. P.S. Two of our friends came out winners!

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any "bad" rooms in this hotel. Ours was one of the best we've e...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Everything was wonderful, rooms and ammenities were more than we expected. We definately will go back. It would be nice to see specials on the rooms occasionally.
it was nice to be so close to the casino. the food was excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Michael P
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Loved loved loved this hotel. The room was so nice, nicer than the suite that my husband and I had on our wedding night. We ate dinner at the Tulalip Bay restaurant. They even surprised us with a little dessert for celebration. The casino was quite crowded, but it was a Saturday night. We did really well in the casino, left with $1000 which is better than I thought we would do there since all's I heard was that the slots were very tight. We enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to go back. Well worth the money. My suggestion is to call when you book your reservation, they can give you good deals over the phone including the military discount which was not offered online when I booked the room.

1 Thank Redheadseattlegal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
1.6 km away
17.6 km away
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
12.3 km away
BEST WESTERN Cascadia Inn

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!