“First Class All the Way”

Tulalip Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
White Rock, Canada
“First Class All the Way”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Tulalip Resort Casino Hotel for one night. This is a first class hotel by all means. From the valet to the bell-hops to the front desk staff they were all very friendly and informative. Our check-in was speedy and we were in our room in a matter of minutes. The room was spacious and bright and very nicely decorated with a Native Indian theme. The furniture and fixtures were all modern and fashionable along with a large flat screen TV. There was an fridge and bar as well as a coffee/tea maker and water available for free. The washroom was large with a walk-in shower. Robes are also provided during your stay. The bed was comfortable with a variety of soft/med or hard pillows There are several restaurants and snack bars throughout the hotel and casino which provided excellent food with first class service. Being Spring Break there were lots of children using the beautiful indoor pool.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor facing East so we had a view of the mountains in the distance. Even thoug...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Coquitlam
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I both enjoyed our stay, my only issue was that the "head board" of the bed was made of fabric, which i feel is hard to keep clean and I think it should be made of something like wood, plastic, or steel, a material that can be wiped down. Strange that a man would care about that? Regards, Doug Shantz

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Spring Break 2012. My 18 year old daughter and I booked a room at this resort for some shopping, spa, and relaxation, this resort is in Washington State, Marysville, and it about 1.5 hours by car once you cross the Canadian/American border. From the time you check your car in the Valet to the time you leave the service was impeccable. The room is modern and spacious. Nice aboriginal art, coffee, tea, honor bar, L'Occtaine bath products, and comfy robes, a huge bathroom, with a makeup vanity great for primping before shopping, and glass shower with 3 wonderful shower jets! The only thing was the bathroom does not have a fan, and if you get up in the night the door is glass so when you turn on the bathroom light, it disturbs the other person sleeping. There is a climate control switch so we could adjust our room temperature to comfortable and cool. Bed was nice, great view, chaise lounge, 2 chairs and a table where you can eat, Big screen TV with movies available at a good price. $9.95 (most movies in hotels we have stayed in are 13.00) We initially wanted a room with 2 queens, but there were none available, so we booked a King Suite which was 160.00 per night. At check in they advised us they are going to refurbish some of the King suites into 2 queens, great idea, since so many gals come down to shop at the Seattle Outlet stores. The outlets include, Adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Coach, DKNY, Guess, J.Crew and many many more. The sale racks were really good! Good restaurants close by, The Olive Garden for one. The restaurants in the resort are really good, would have liked more variety but the food you receive was very good. Eagles Buffet has an enormous selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast was 10.00 per person when you book it with your room. Cedars cafe is fast, and if you want to dine grand visit the Blackfish,, plenty of delectable seafood. We ordered room service and it was fast and courteous and they even had nice spring flowers on the table! The pool area is beautiful, cascading waterfall, and up the stairs a nice gym! The Lobby is packed with aboriginal art and carvings, wonderful fireplace and plenty of place to sit and relax. The grounds were impeccable and the water features included a aboriginal fisherman, and killer whales, great photos we took. Check in and out was fast and friendly, if you don't need a copy of the receipt, slip your room cards into the box and off you go. The bellman were helpful and fast too. We also visited the T-spa for pedicures, we had the room to ourselves so we relaxed and enjoyed the music and the treatment. A couple of nice shops in the Lobby too. We are beach ready now. P.S. great trip to take while you are here is to La'Conner, good restaurants, shopping, quaint little heritage waterfront.

Room Tip: High floor facing the Outlets. Book early for 2 queens for family and girlfriend getaways.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed for an anniversary, and left sick. The room smelled of cleaning products when we arrived, but thought it would go away. There was no climate control in the room, and the windows didn't open, so the "smell" never left. The bed was okay, nothing special. And yes, the shower was spectacular, but not worth the price and the sickness. It was most certainly from lack of fresh or even clean air. The hotel was confused by the complaint, and not helpful. Anyone with respiratory problems or allergies does not want to stay here. Their slots don't pay out anymore unless you have a big bank roll and want to gamble some serious money. I remember when they first opened, and it was just fun. Now its a money pit, and a community destroyer. Don't go. Save your money, get a coffee can, and bury it in the back yard. Do this when you are very drunk. Then the next day,. try and find the money. You'll have better odds than the casino, and even if you don't find it, it'll still be there!

10 Thank Larry M
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I used to highly recommend this hotel and casino, but after today all that will change. To begin with it was only little things- the alarm clock going off at 10am when I wasn’t the one who set it, and I had only gone to bed a few hours before. The curtain not closing tightly, so you get that stream of light right in your eyes when you’re trying to sleep. The call button on the elevator not working- even though we had reported it a month ago on our last stay at the hotel on the same floor. All these things are annoying but fixable- however the treatment I received in the Eagle’s Buffet is NOT. My friend and I were having brunch in the buffet. Our waitress pointed out that money had been dropped under our table. My friend had been going through her pocket, so we thought nothing of it, picked it up and continued on with our breakfast. My friend went up to get some food and the Buffet Manager approached my table. He indicated that a guest had called down because she had lost her money and the waitress had told him that money was under our table. I told him when my friend returned to our table I would have her check to see if it had been her money. I had finished my breakfast however my friend was still getting items she wanted and realized I didn’t have change to tip my waitress, so I went outside of the restaurant to cash out my slot ticket so I had some change. Suddenly the manager comes walking swiftly up to me asking where my friend is in a rude and accusing tone. I indicated she was in the restaurant getting food and I would speak with her regarding the money. As I returned to the restaurant the manager was staring at me like I was a criminal or something. I went to find my friend to clear up the issue. My friend checked and did have more money than she remembered having, so I took the money and gave it to him. I spoke to him in regards to how I was not okay with him treating me like I had done something wrong and was a thief. He argued he had not and felt there was nothing wrong with his actions. He indicated that he trusts no one and that’s how he responds to people. I indicated that I was never returning to this hotel or casino again. I returned to my table while my friend finished her meal. The manager did come to our table and gave me a card with a $40 comp on it for food, however he wasn’t genuinely apologetic. I’m not sure why he thought my integrity was for sale but it is not and if it was, it’s worth more than 40 bucks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank CubbieBear1979
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife was sent to the Tulalip for a conference so I tagged along for the weekend. I was very impressed with the facility - very classy and a great use of Native American themes mixed into a modern setting. The room was very classy and roomy with some great amenities. The restaurants were all great with very good food. I'm not a gambler so I stayed away from the casino, but I appreciated the fact that the casino was separate from the hotel facility! Every staff member I interacted with were all very friendly and welcoming. The hotel wireless Internet was very good with excellent signal but they lock the bandwidth rate to prevent over subscription (and Netflix?). But the in-room Ethernet was faster and well suited to doing some work while relaxing in the room. Overall it was an excellent visit and the Tulalip is now on my short list for a nearby get away location!

• Stayed February 2012
Chilliwack
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We recently stayed for 4 nights. These are by far the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. They are clean, have beautiful decore and are smoke free.

The casino was very smokey and I felt like I had smokers cough for a few days after leaving. That would be our only complaint Perhaps some better airflow in the casino.

Food was great at all restaurants and we love that it is so close to the outlet malls and Seattle.

Will definetly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as the views are nicer.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Johnny K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
1.5 km away
12.2 km away
Best Western Cascadia Inn
17.5 km away
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!