“A Server Worth Hiring”

Porterhouse Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Moses Lake
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Porterhouse Steakhouse is under new ownership, has been turned in a Family driven Steakhouse, no longer has a casino.
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Every now and then you come across a server who doesn't act like they carry doing you a huge favor by virtue of being there. Such was the case this evening with Haley. This thing lady had a way about her that made you feel you were the most important table in the restaurant. I told her as much mentioning if I were still running restaurants she would be most welcome.

With our son out of the house this evening and my wife getting off work early, a trip to Porterhouse for their prime rib dinner was in store. Sure, I can make it but it is nice when I don't have to. Porterhouse has always done well by us in this.

This was a relaxed meal. The clam chowder, as usual, was more than up to snuff. My meat, a perfect medium rare, was very moist and extremely tender. The mashed potatoes and demi-gloss gravy were the perfect sides.

To make matters even better, 10 Pin IPA was delicious beverage to go with the hearty meat.

2  Thank EasternWA_Pirate

Reviewed June 18, 2017

I went with my fiancé and our server Melissa was great and very attentive and treated us like we were the only customers in the restaurant she was very knowledgeable about the menu and specials and had great suggestions on the best food to order. When the food arrived we were not disappointed at all, everything we ordered was very good. We got the chicken poppers appetizer and wow they were good. I ordered the country fried steak it is hand breaded and very delicious. I can't say enough how good it was, so glad that we made our date night choice to go here. We will be going back again for sure.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

Food was great as usual, loved the mashed potatoes and gravy, steak needed a little seasoning but I brought some with me. Caesar's salad was good as was the cheese cake. As good as everything was the service was not nearly as good as what I've experienced in the past. Server was not around too much. When I asked for more coffee, she just gave me coffee no one else. When I asked for water she just gave me water. Definitely disappointing.

1  Thank Chip L
Reviewed June 9, 2017

Porterhouse is our family's go-to restaurant for celebrations. We visit when there is a birthday, anniversary or promotion to celebrate. Usually we visit in a large group of at least 6-8 people. Given this, reservations are strongly suggested. If you don't make one, expect to be waiting for sometimes a lengthy period of time.

Once seated, the waitress brings a fantastic loaf of brown bread with honey butter. I could make an entire meal out of these little loaves of bread. So good!

I go to Porterhouse for one reason only: to eat a great steak. They have never disappointed. I have also enjoyed the fried green beans and some excellent chicken poppers during past visits. On this trip, I had a simple sirloin steak with baked potato and beef stew. The stew was overly thick for my taste. It was just an unappealing, brown bowl of potatoes. The steak on the other hand, was excellent. It had a faint seasoning and was cooked to perfection. The rest of my party had prime rib, salad or T-bones and were all pleased as well.

While the Porterhouse is one of Moses Lake's more expensive restaurants, it is always worth the price for good service and a great meal.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

While visiting Moses Lake, WA, for the first time, the locals directed us to try out the Porterhouse Steakhouse. While the outside look of the building may not be too revealing, it holds a beautifully designed dining area with a bar with the appeal of visiting a classy restaurant. The staff was very helpful. And despite the place being pretty packed, we were seating within 10 or so minutes for two people. My friend had the ribeye steak and loved it! I sampled a piece and was amazed at the flavor and texture. No steak sauce needed.

The menu stated the Porterhouse Burger was "a must try" so I did. It was a pleasant surprise! A 1/2 beef patty served with bacon, haystack onions, pepper jack cheese, steak sauce, sour cream, and get this - mash potatoes! Definitely an interesting addition to a burger. While the burger was a bit messy with the mashed potatoes inside, the entire flavor was simply amazing! Worth every penny and it is certainly a must try!!!

I was floored by the dessert this place made. Served as a 5"x5" sized piece, the Texas sheet cake was drizzled with chocolate syrup with vanilla ice cream on top. Simply the best sheet cake I've ever had! While the price was a little high for a dessert, you certainly had a big enough serving to be completely satisfied.

Very happy with my visit and I would highly recommend going to this place if you are ever in the Moses Lake, WA, area.