“No complaints here!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Moses Lake
Montana
“No complaints here!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I recently stayed at this Motel 6 in Moses Lake even after reading all the negative reviews because it was the cheapest place I could find. You'd think it was the Bate's Motel or something!! We just needed somewhere to stop in the middle of a trip to rest up for a few hours. We checked in after midnight and were greeted by a very friendly staff member who was more than happy to have us. The room was perfect for what we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable and even had some quirky Motel 6 themed bedspreads!! The bathroom was clean and pretty spacious. The tv channels weren't much but there was free wifi which is great. For the price I'd say this hotel is the perfect place for anyone looking for a cheap, clean, friendly place to stay without all the expensive bells and whistles of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

This is the first time I've ever given a hotel a one-star rating. I am not at all picky, and I tend to like older buildings and will overlook a few quirks in the name of character. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Africa, so I am really not at all picky about accommodations! But this place was really very bad. In desperate need of about every kind of maintenance you can think of. To be honest I didn't notice the cleanliness of the sheets or any of that, because I was too distracted by all the other problems. I stayed at this motel on the final night of a cross-country trip with my husband in the middle of the winter, so we were tired enough that we didn't care where we stayed, we just wanted cheap. And we got cheap! The first thing I noticed was that the smoke alarm in our room kept chirping every 5 minutes. The battery was low on the thing. Instead of complaining to the front desk (it was late, we were tired) we just put it outside. Haha. The other problem I noticed was that our door wouldn't lock from the outside. It would close, but no key was needed for entry no matter what we did! When we told the front desk clerk she acted a little surprised and then said that as long as no one saw us leave the room it would be ok (we were going across the street to get dinner). Then she offered to switch our room, but we declined because we were very tired. We just locked our valuables in the car.

In addition to these pretty major issues, it was just a nasty-looking, uncomfortable place. I think we paid $40 to stay there, and it wasn't even worth that. Good thing I have a sense of humor.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJL4

Travellers are raving about these Moses Lake hotels

aberdeen wa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

We booked our rooms at least 2 months in advance so that we could have our rooms together and near the pool. The man that we spoke to on the phone was very accomidating and said that it would be no problem. Well when we arrived at the motel, we were told that wasn't possible and ended up paying more than what we were quoted on the phone! We were told that we could speak to the manager about it in the morning.
At 11:30pm when I threw back the sheets to get into bed they had skid marks on them! I then looked over the pillow cases and they had some sort of dried liquid and it looked like someone had worn make-up to bed. I called down to the office and the woman wanted to move all 3 of us to another room! I asked if they had extra sheets and was told that I could COME DOWN and get a couple extra blankets and pillows. On my way out the door the heater came on and it was apperently so dirty that it set off the smoke alarm! Anyway I was told when I went to get the blankets that the manager would be there at 7am and I could talk to him then. At about 9am I headed down to the office, dirty pillowcase and all and then was told that the manager was on vacation! But the woman behind the desk seemed disusted at the fact that we had dirty sheets so she was going to see about getting us a discount. I went down later to ask if she had talked to anyone yet and she said "hold on I'll see if he's still in the back room" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! He came out and he actually said that if the bed looks like it hasn't been slept in they don't change the sheets. After about 20mins of arguing with him he gave us a 20% discount off of one room for one night. So we got a total of $13 back! Whoo hoo. We then requested that all the sheets on all of the beds get changed, but when housekeeping came to change the sheets they just made the bed with the same dirty sheets!

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE. The management is a JOKE, he thought our sitiation was funny.

• Liked — Not a [-] thing
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mookie_840
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

After some time of reviewing all the Motels and prices of other local motels we decided on the Motel 6. Although the price is more than we expected for a Motel 6 it's a lot less than other Moses Lake motels. I don't understand why previous reviews were so harsh about this facility. The reception was basic and straight forth. And the room was simple and extremely clean. The area around the facility was clean and orderly.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Price seemed excessive
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2008

This place was basically the worst motel I have stayed at in a long time. The room has a small tv, no coffee pot, and not even an alarm clock! It was a very basic room. In the Motel 6 directory for 2008, it lists this as a new Motel 6, but it definitely is not new. It may have been recently acquired by Motel 6, but it definitely is not new. You could tell it had been there quite sometime.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no alarm clock/no internet access
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Sedro Woolley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

OK so I get the whole "You get what you pay for". But is it REALLY to much to ask for the basics? Like cleanliness? Passing through on our way to Spokane we grabbed a room at this Motel 6. This was the first (and last) time we have ever stayed at a Motel 6. Their commercials are BS. My first indication of how bad it was going to be should have been the condition of the lobby & the "help" at the front desk. No other words to describe it but GROSE! Upon entering the "non-smoking" room we about passed out from the stale smoke smell. Although the sticker on the door did indicate that this was supposed to be a non-smoking there was an ashtray on the nightstand??? The carpet was so stained that you couldn't even tell what color it was actually supposed to be. In addition to the stains there were food crumbs EVERYWHERE! The first thing I did was strip the bed of it's bedspread as I am quite certain it had never been washed. Thankfully we always travel with our own pillows as the pillows they provided were covered it yellow/brown stains. I attempted to pull up the sheet to take a look at the mattress, but my husband yelled at me not to (probably best I hadn't). I made my son sleep in all his clothes as I did not want him to use the blankets (nor did I). I put toilet paper on the toilet seat before using it as there was dried "matter" all over it. The shower had someone else’s hair in the drain, so I wore socks AND stood on a towel, which by the way could use some bleach the next time they try washing them. I know your probably asking, "Why didn't we just leave". Well I did go to check on another room (not that another room would have been any cleaner), but they were booked solid, as was every other hotel in the area, due to their being a concert at the Gorge that weekend. In any case, we left first thing the next morning & will NEVER EVER EVER in a billion years stay at ANY Hotel 6 !! And yes, I did send a complaint in to the corporate office but don't expect a reply back.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing!
  • Disliked — Most discusting experience EVER!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family