All reviewshot tubnice breakfastdefinitely stay here againparking lotroom was cleantulip festivalnight's sleepan older hotelwaffleseasy accessconvenient locationone night staycoffee makerfront desk staffoutdoor poolgreat priceroad trip
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is an older motel, alittle outdated. Coffee pot plugged into a power strip with everything else and it couldn’t handle the load. Can you say “fire hazard”! Then couldn’t take a shower, because no hot water!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BWCollegeWayInn, Manager at Best Western College Way Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Kris T,

Thank you for speaking with us about your experience at check-out. Again, I sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. Maintenance has been alerted of the problems and is taking care of these before they become a problem for the next guest. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Mount Vernon.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This Hotel does not even come close to meeting Best Western performance standards. The bed is well past its best before date, the so called breakfast was not a pleasant experience - non existent eggs sausages bacon yogurt - dry continental items

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWCollegeWayInn, Manager at Best Western College Way Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Henry W,

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations in regards to the bed (of which we are looking at closely to determine it's condition) and with your experience at breakfast, especially with the variety of hot items. The scrambled eggs that were out at breakfast were pulled by the staff after several complaints about the texture and taste. The company that had been supplying us with the eggs made a substitution. This was the first morning that we put them out. Unfortunately the quality left a lot to be desired and there were no other immediate options available at the last minute, hard boiled or otherwise. At this time, we have replaced these with hard boiled eggs.

We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

If convenience is key, this might be the place for you. The Woods Coffee across the street is great. And, there is a Mexican meat market in the parking lot that makes the best street tacos I've ever had and they are $1.50 to $2 each. There is a DQ across the street. Up the street are additional chain restaurants, banks and a Walmart. The hot water was good. There is a fridge and a microwave. The staff (one person) seemed friendly.

Spending $124 per night (includes dog fee, I hope) at this place makes me a little ill. I can spend half as much and get a nice AirBNB. I was in town for a dog competition and the hotel is dog friendly and close to the facility. So, it's a motel, not a hotel first of all. When I went into the lobby, it looked like it was in the middle of a face-lift that hasn't had the finishing work completed. I couldn't decide if my room was remodeled or not. I came to the conclusion that they just did not pay for finish work. Nail holes in trim was not plugged, paint was never touched up (and it looks like a five year old did it), the black grout in the bathroom smeared all over the walls.

I opened the door to the room and all I could smell was stale smoke. They claim this is a smoke-free facility. It is not. There was cigarette ash between the bed and the nightstand. I had to drive to Walmart and get something to help with the smell and I opened the window whenever I could to try to air it out. It was really gross. I am not sure if they just put people with dogs in the gross smoke-smelling rooms at the end of the building by a grassy area or what.

The walls are paper thin. I could hear regular conversations between people, I could hear them moving hangers on the rod, I could hear men peeing, every door that opened/closed, the oil trains that ran through town laying on their horns all night every night... Luckily all of my neighbors were fairly quiet after 10pm, but a large family or something would have been a nightmare. I had my dog there and he only ever barks at knocks on the door, and we travel all over for events and stay in hotels, but this was the only hotel where he barked or was woken up by the neighbors.

The beds are really soft and hurt my back if I tried to lay on my side. It felt like a water bed that needed to be filled. Can't say anything about breakfast as I did not partake. Don't know about the rest of the facilities either.

I won't stay here again -- I'll put in some additional legwork and get a nice AirBNB. At most this should be an $80/night motel. I've stayed in better Motel 6s.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ms. Marquis,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. While we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, nearby businesses and room amenities during your stay, we are sorry to learn that the rest of your stay was not as we hoped it would be. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a clean/fresh room and great customer service. We are sorry that the clean/fresh part did not happen for you and that the softness of the bed (and enthusiastic train engineers) interfered with a good night’s sleep. We do have a few pet friendly rooms on the back side of the hotel that are more protected from noise. If you find that you need to stay with us again, let us know that you would prefer this area and we will do what we can to accommodate the request.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

First, this is motel not a hotel. Nothing wrong with this but travelers should be aware that the design of this place is that of a classic motor inn with all doors opening directly to the outdoors.
Arrived after dark on a winter evening (it gets dark very early in this part of the world in winter) and went to my room. It was freeeeeeezing. Clearly there had been no heat in the room for a long time. Searched high and low for a thermostat, switch or some clue as to how to turn the heat on. Nothing. So, I called the front desk and she informed that there was was remote control in the bed stand. Found it. Followed her instructions carefully. NOTHING. Played around with all the settings on the remote. NOTHING. Went down the front desk for help. She made a number of phone calls to try and get some help, no answer. She offered to move me to another room "in the newer part" of the place. OK. Went back to my room, et voila, the heat was on. So I didn't change rooms but it did take quite awhile for the room to get to a bearable temperature.

So, apparently eventually the heat will come on. I suppose the opposite would be true in the summer - eventually the air conditioning will come on.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2018

We met our kids in Mount Vernon for a Soo Bahk Do tournament for our grandson. We selected Best Western because of good experience in the past, first time here. We weren't disappointed. The only negative was the motel is located close to the BNSF mainline so there were train whistles throughout the night. The motel is conveniently located to I5 but without any noise from the busy freeway. The best part was the stand-up shower without the useless tub combination you usually find. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple