All reviews chinook pass gas station the river window seat cottage
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Where to start? Pulled into the parking lot and the whiskey tango crowd was out in full force. Lots of in appropriate language from general riff raff outside, inside you enter at the hotel(?) lobby. Most unfriendly welcome I have ever received at a customer service establishment. Walked around the corner to the restaurant lobby, Hostess must have been having one of those days because she was almost irritated that we showed up to eat...seriously this is a restaurant...where customers come to eat. Once we were seated the waitress was kind and helpful. However, after our order it took 43 minutes (I counted) to receive our food (a burger and chicken entree). She came back several times to apologize for the wait, the place was only half full so I cant figure out why it took so long. AND the two groups next to us each had order issues, one sent an order back because the vegetables were still cold and the other was a family of 10 and two of the children didn't have their food when the rest of the family received it. When our food finally showed up, the burger was well-well done and the chicken was barely ok. Truck stop type food with fine dining prices. we paid at the table and left past the hostess (no thank you for coming in or anything) and the front desk ladies (whom we said goodbye too without ANY acknowledging response, seriously?). It was as if the entire place didn't want customers. Never.Ever.Ever again, there are several other places closer to Naches that look way more inviting. Cant figure how this place stays in business, bad service, bad food, bad prices.

Stayed: September 2015
5  Thank wazzucoug92
Reviewed September 8, 2015

First off, My husband and I did not stay in the hotel or cabins so I can not comment on those areas. We did drive over Chinook Pass to have lunch and what a great meal! It did take a little time to get our food, but we did not mind because we enjoyed looking at the river and watching the chipmunk play. I read some of these comments and it bothers me considering what a great destination place the lodge is known for.
Vicki F.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2015

My wife and I used to stop in frequently to hear Donny play in the bar. The atmosphere was always lively and the food was good. Now, Donny has left, the food has gone downhill and the atmosphere is sluggish at best. There is a high turnover of help too. We also eat breakfast in the dining room occasionally where turnover is also high. Today they were vacuuming the carpet around us while we ate. Not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mikebI7715EC
Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

Just don't bother with the hotel, restaurant ok. I don't see my previous post. Place in need of serious update. I've been coming here for 30+ years to restaurant that's always been out of date but first time at hotel. Just gross and dangerous due to no phone service-cell and land line

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kim W
Reviewed September 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are still happily eating our way through The Pacific Northwest on our vacation. We didn't stay here but did stop for food.

The restaurant is beautiful and out of another time: Dark and lodgy, cozy yet with a feeling of formality. You feel special as you sit and look out of the large windows onto the beautiful grounds and forest beyond.

The service was excellent and friendly. The menu is limited and items are on the pricy side. Remember that you are miles from anywhere here and food must be trucked in.

I got the monte cristo sandwich and clam chowder. The chowder is excellent. Someone here knows that you need bacon and butter to make clam chowder. It also is seasoned properly and doesn't need to be salted at the table.

The monte cristo was the best I have ever had. The turkey is real, not pressed. The ham is good quality and the cheeses are likewise (Swiss and American). The bread is well-dipped in egg batter. The fresh blueberry sauce on the side is the finishing touch.

My wife got the chili. I tried a taste and was really impressed. It is made with roast beef and has a great flavor and a good kick but not overly hot either.

Both of our meals were huge.

One last thought about my sandwich: The egg batter is not sweetened or spiced--sometimes simple is the best.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple