“Great sushi”

Trapper's Sushi - North Bend
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in North Bend
Description: Trapper's Sushi North Bend. Local Japanese chain featuring cooked dishes, specialty rolls & an all-you-can-eat sushi deal. Leave Feedback for our North Bend location and a member of the Management team will contact you. 320 SW Mt. Si Blvd, North Bend, WA.
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by this place! The STP roll was delicious. Jake gave great us service. We will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed April 22, 2018

The best all-you-can-eat sushi deal is in North Bend, Washington. Not all the fancy rolls are my cup of tea, but a) the green tea is the best I've had and b) I'm kind of a nigiri purist anyway, originally from Hawaii.

I believe in small, one-bite sushi, not these gargantuan roll slices favored by Mainlanders who think they're sushi connoisseurs. Sushi isn't really supposed to be that big. You're supposed to be able to put the whole thing in your mouth one time.

Anyway... My husband and I needed to fill up fairly fast before his North Bend Jazz Walk gig, and this all-you-can-eat deal was perfect. You have to order everything at the bar, meaning sit on stools, nowhere to hang your winter coat or put your purse. But that's a small price to pay.

The appetizers alone are worth the $20+ per person. You can get a variety of tempura, edamame, cucumber or octopus salad, gyoza to die for. Then, there are a lot of sushi rolls and nigiri to choose from, including the back of the menu (ignore the lunch part—you get to pick from both sides, even for dinner).

I liked the sake (salmon) nigiri, nice and clean, very cold and fresh. I also like the Baja roll the best, which featured spicy tuna and avocado. Uncle Steve — spicy tuna, tobiko, green onion, jalapeno — isn't bad either. I looked for spicy tuna, spicy salmon, and spicy chopped scallop rolls, maybe even chopped hamachi, but they didn't have those.

I would say that they tend to put a lot of sauce on the rolls, which isn't my thing. I almost went for a few other rolls until I saw teriyaki sauce or spicy sauce in the description. I don't like my sushi with sauce at all, just classic stuff.

My husband dug his Dragon roll (shrimp and cucumber with eel & avocado) and shrimp and vegetable tempura, although we both thought tempura-ing a huge slice of green bell pepper was odd. Traditionally, they do broccoli, and they do smaller pieces of vegetables.

Go here if you really need to fill up and you're craving sushi. If you're expecting fancy Japan-based, or Hawaii style sushi, though, it's not quite up to par. The staff are really really nice, though. The place is in a strip mall, behind the main buildings just off the exit. It's also a bit small, but cozy.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

I love sashimi and they have at least 2 sashimi menu items and one is an appetizer size so that allows me to try out the rolls. I had the Mt Si roll(?) and it was good, the baby scallops were a bit overcooked, it had a spicy sauce but it really wasn't spicy, thank goodness! The online menu had chicken (ton)katsu but they only had tonkatsu, so my husband was disappointed, there wasn't anything else for him to order. The large sake was $7 which is an awesome price. I'll try again with a sushi eating partner, not with my husband. At the sushi bar, it's all you can eat (lunch only?).

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2017

First time was a few weeks ago for lunch. They served our rolls and I had to remind them about the appetizer we'd ordered. The edamame came to the table nearly cold, but I was hungry so ate it without complaint. Went with family last night and the edamame was served warm, but with a lot of salt in one section and no salt on another. Sounds nit-picky, but in a good restaurant they pay attention to details. I have gone to another Trapper's for years and nearly always order the same roll. The roll I got last night was lackluster and mediocre. When the waitstaff finally came by at the end of the meal to ask how it was I told her it was disappointing. She gave me a completely unsympathetic "sorry" and went about her business. This is the PacNW where we don't have to settle if we want good sushi so I'll not be a repeat customer.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

I never really liked sushi. Honestly, I still am not into all that raw stuff. But I like this place. They have plenty of cooked items. Great happy hour special and local too. Plus they give to the community. A win all around

Date of visit: April 2017