“local Chinese food that is really nice and a great lunch bargain”
Review of Yum Yang

Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in North Bend
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed May 1, 2017

No this is not gourmet Chinese food-- but I like it. Lunch is a particularly good deal- slightly smaller plates but inexpensive and tasty. I don't like their soups- but otherwise I have had very good meals here.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We were craving some Asian food after a hike and found this great restaurant. What a treat!....authentic Chinese and south-east Asian food served by a wonderful family. All the food was excellent and felt healthy.... the Tom-Yum soup was as good as in Thailand!

We had a chance to ask the owners their story and were amazed to hear what they've endured to make it in America. Bravo and good luck!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I ate at Yum Yang at least a couple of times a month for the past several years. When I heard that they were selling the place, I was cautiously optimistic that they would be just as good and was excited about the prospect of being able to buy Thai food as well.

I've eaten there several times now and, unfortunately, it isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

Some of the dishes that are holdovers from the original owners are fine (orange chicken) and others less so (chicken and green beans). Just be prepared for smaller portions for the same amount of money (based on a la carte from the dinner menu).

The Thai food is not good, unfortunately. We had phad Thai and phad see ew a couple of times. The flavor was ok, but they were both VERY dry even when fresh. If they weren't so dry, we might go back just for the Thai food. The portions here are much better and are typical with what you'd expect.

The staff is always very nice and the owner's young son (around 10-12 yeahs old) works there as well. He's a very nice kid, but he is still a kid and probably shouldn't be waiting tables.

I wish the owners the best and hope they can fix some of these small things. I would definitely start eating there again.

TL;DR: Chinese food is ok (smaller portions), Thai food is not very good because it's so dry (normal portions), very friendly staff.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 8, 2017

No power. We went for Chinese. Place has changed ownership . We tried about a month ago was ok . This trip the food has changed more to Thai type and much hotter. Was good but a little too hot for our tastes. Also changed the way food made smaller amounts less meat. This was ok just enough for us. Big eaters may want to add to orders. Try this place for a different type of Chinese style of food.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

We had been eating here somewhat regularly for several years but moved out of the area about six months ago. Today we are back in town and were looking forward to having a meal here. We were surprised to find it under new management. There were a few new additions to the menu. They are now serving Thai food as well. We ordered a large bowl of hot and sour soup. It was SO salty we could barely eat it. And there was no 'hot' to it. We had to add chili sauce to it and it was served luke warm. We ordered a meal off the dinner menu instead of the lunch menu. It was half the size portion we expected. Overall we left feeling frustrated we had wasted our meal out and our money. We won't stop here in the future. I don't know where the former owner is, but we wish them well.

Date of visit: October 2016