“Geat”
Review of Budd Bay Cafe

Budd Bay Cafe
Ranked #12 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Place was recommended. The food was great and the portions were more than we expected. The wait staff was very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

They have one of the best happy hours in Olympia. It’s a good way to try the food at a discounted price. I love the Ahi served rare, their clam chowder with the sherry sauce is to die for!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The Buds Bay Cafe has inventive and tasty fare. Great service, maybe just a little pricey. Would come more often, but its out of my budget except for occasional splurges.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stopped in to eat here because we liked the view. Great find. We ate there twice in the five days we were in town. Prices were very reasonable. I had the steak salad, and the steak was well-seasoned and cooked to order. My wife loved her salmon on a side salad. The sour dough bread was fresh-baked. The restaurant is also committed to doing whatever they can to make it right for the customer. When I ordered my steak salad, I didn't want a lot of the stuff on the salad nor did I want that dressing. They basically let me create my own salad. Can't say enough good things about them.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

As a resident of New York City, I was looking forward to eating some fish and seafood in the PNW. I did not expect an informal restaurant to be in the same price range as many expensive restaurants in NYC. The food is essentially glorified bar food, with a bunch of added fish and seafood dishes. I had a decent piece of salmon, accompanied by some dried-out mashed potatoes that had clearly spent too much time under a heat lamp. The clam chowder was tasty, but extremely thick...ultimately, the pasty texture was a bit off-putting. All in all, not terrible, but to my mind, for prices that high, it should have been a LOT better.

1  Thank Timon88

Been to Budd Bay Cafe? Share your experiences!