“Some Good and Some Not so Good”

Cooper Point Public House
Ranked #120 of 368 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Irish
Reviewed December 6, 2017

I had not been to Cooper Point Public House for three or four years but recalled that they had very good onion rings that were lightly battered and had a real o lion taste. Not on my diet, but I had an itch to scratch so returned. As I recalled, the onion rings were great.

Unfortunately, the rest was medium at best, with the crab cakes under done and at least as much bread filler as crab.

The service was good, but the bartender was unable to make a Negroni. The alternative was just so-so. Prices average to on the high side.

The decor and seating is pleasant.

I may return for onion rings sometime, but will have a beer and stop there.

I did see other diners who seemed satisfied or better. So just my opinion of my experience.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Had dinner here recently and loved the fresh homemade chicken fettucini!

We sat in the small bar, but there are many tables for families with kids of all ages.

The place is homey and comfortable. The staff was cheerful and pleasant and seemed to really love working there which makes it nice for everyone.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We had checked out the menu online a couple times and it looked pretty small and nothing caught our eye so we hadn't been in. I got a coupon for buy one get one burgers so we decided to give it a try. We walked in and first impression was that the place was so empty on a Friday night it couldn't be that good. We sat at the bar and ordered a beer and a cider. The bartender was very friendly and very good customer service, he knew quite a bit about the beers he had on tap. We looked over the menu and burgers were a little on the high priced side.... $13-15. We made our selections - the Dish Pit and the California. One was chicken and one was burger...... when they came out they were switched. They took it back and must have just taken them apart and swapped it because they came right back out. They were good, but buns were a little soggy. The garlic fries were to die for! Overall I think we might give it another try because it was pretty good.... but so many good restaurants around so only time will tell!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Excellent hamburgers, killer onion soup. Cheerful atmosphere. This is a family owned business worth cultivating. We are happy repeat customers. Looking forward to their enjoying earlier opening for breakfast.

1  Thank youngburch
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

The 7 layer onion soup is delicious and uniquely presented. The portabella melt is my go to sandwich that you should definitely try inn your next visit. Although I didn't get the fries, they are some of the best around.