“LOOK ELSEWHERE!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Omak
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The rooms are not secure! After a four hour drive, I checked in with my two young sons in the afternoon. Walking to the room, all I saw were random people standing around outside the rooms. Room was hot so I turned on the AC and decided to wait to bring in our luggage. (turned out to be the smart choice) We left to get food and stop by JC Penney for some shopping. We returned about an hour or so later and my 6 year old walked into the bathroom and told me there was a cigarette butt in the toilet. (mind you, I don't smoke) I hadn't looked in there the first time, so for a second I thought, maybe the maid had missed it. Then I looked around the room and noticed there was a used glass on the counter, the bedding was disturbed like someone had been sitting on it, and there were random pieces of garbage in the can which was empty when we left. I freaked out and called my husband who of course told me to inform the front desk and demand a new room. The attendant got this weird look on her face and seemed like she was pretending to be shocked when I was telling her what had happened. I asked how someone could break into my room if the doors use key cards, and all she could say was she didn't know. It was late, my boys were tired, so finding another hotel was out of the cards. She transferred us to a different room on the side of the building, but needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RedMiss
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I was surprised by the cost of hotels in Winthrop. It is a very cute, tiny, turn-of-the century western-themed town. One could easily spend more than a few hours there shopping, eating, drinking and playing golf. But and here's the rub ... hotels are few and expensive. You'd be better off staying in Omak (only 38 miles away - 30 minute drive). Similarly if you want to tour on down to the Grand Coulee Dam (about an hour away) your stay in Omak is a better idea. Here's why. My hotel/motel was the Rodeway Inn right downtown Omak. Cost $59 including breakfast! Yes! The property is not luxurious by any stretch but it was clean, quiet (nobody lives downtown and it's deserted late at night), and the staff were very friendly (what would you expect in a small town. As for shopping ... all you need. Shopping mall and larger stores are in Omak not Winthrop. So I would suggest using Omak as your base ... you can afford to stay two nights and still save $50 over other larger establishments ... hey that's dinner out. Oh and if you require a fill up go to the Chevron in Omak (south end of town ... the fellow that served me there was super friendly, knowledgeable and a real pleasure to chat with. One other thing ... Rancho Chico Mexican Restaurant is only a few staps away and it is FABULOUS! Excellent menu lots to choose from ... great margaritas ... TIP ... try the sopopillas they are to die for really. You may have to wait in line because it is busy and there is a reason it is very good!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SapperStreet
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This motel has seen its day. Needs updating. The room we stayed in was CLEAN, but was musty smelling. Also the room was very small. The breakfast in the morning was great though! Even had hot homemade waffles that were great!

The pool is not very big and needs attention.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol Z
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This was a awesome affordable hotel. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We will be back....if for any reason, the breakfast alone is the best I've seen a hotel put out for free. The two people I interacted with the most were Vicki and Jason. The met every need we had as a family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank alexxm73
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This property offers very good value and I have stayed there several times, and will likely stay again if traveling through the area. The rooms are just very dated and worn out. They offer all the amenities of properties twice the price, it's just in the old section of town and the motel itself is very past its prime. Internet is very sketchy as one travels away from the office. Free breakfast is not bad at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ydnar
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I will start with the positives, the front desk lady was really freindly, and.... um..... It is in walking distance to restaurants??? Not much good to say here. The curtains were stained, there was someone else's hair in the bed (and stained sheets), the carpet had stains, the window and door are super super thin, I could hear traffic outside all night, not to mention the garbage truck that pulled up and emptied the dumpster at 5 AM. I am not a hotel snob, and Rodeway's are usually better than this. I will search for a better place next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HuckleberryCris
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Cigarette burns in bedspread with obviously room sprayed to overcome smoke smell. Carpet had strains and sheets so thin, one could almost see through them. Housekeeping cart left in front of our door from 5:00Pm till we left next morning about 9:00AM. The stairs were very dirty, could use a good scrubbing. The room needed an overall good cleaning and some new paint. Even many paint chips on the lamp on desk. Looked like it was picked up out of the garbage. But the price wasn't worth it. It gave us the willies.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omak
8.1 km away
7.7 km away
Blue Mountain Motel
Blue Mountain Motel
#2 of 2 in Okanogan

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!