All reviews ocean shores nice gift shop get away from it all easy beach access boardgames unplug units rates
Reviewed November 5, 2016

We rented a large apartment for our family of 6. We had 3 baths, 3 bedrooms, a fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher and a very large great room. The leather sofas and fireplace were perfect for our relaxing cool rainy weekend. The view from the huge picture windows is spectacular and the wide flat beach was wonderful for misty walks with the dog. The resort has a variety of accommodations and we had the largest available. There are markets and restaurants within a few miles. We stocked up on supplies and enjoyed eating at our large dining table. Although the décor is dated and a bit shabby we felt completely comfortable.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank GardenerB
Annie C, Manager at Sandpiper Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Thank you for your review. We would like to offer a special discount for your next visit with us, so remind us when you check in, or book your room with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

My family and I were so excited to be staying in a cabin (cabin A) right on the Pacific Ocean. We were splurging on a "wonderful" place on the last two nights of our road trip of the Olympic peninsula. Imagine our dissapointment as we approached our cabin to see that the outward appearance was not only rundown but the front door desperately needed a coat of paint! (Strike 1) "Ok, well, the inside will be better," I thought. Nope. The musty smell over took us as we entered our "splurge". (Strike 2) However, we were immediately drawn to the view we had of the ocean, but the view was distracted by the poor shape of the sliding glass door. It definitely needed replaced as you could not see through the moisture stuck inside the window. (Strike 3) As my heart was sinking, I was thinking, "Wow, we are paying close to $400 a night for this dump? We have been taken on this place!" I then checked out the bathroom. Total disbelief! "How can this be okay for my family's health?" I thought. I was totally overcome by the smell of MOLD. I knew this wasn't okay to breathe in. (Strike 4) I knew this was a mistake when I saw my daughter sulking in the chair on the verge of tears. I knew she hated it.

The whole cabin was "weird". The mold issue was my main concern. My lungs were affected by it on the last night when I took a shower, as I was a wheezy and my lungs "itched". The cabin was dated. The furniture was old. The place needed a deep clean. The cabinet to the garbage can was gross. Luckily I brought my Clorox wipes with me.

They clearly have a mold issue that is beyond the "pine sol" cleaning method of ridding it. (That was Annie's response to the mold issue). I don't think she understands the health issue here. The mold is in the wood and needs replaced, not cleaned. The creepy basement was OVERWHELMED with the smell of mold. My son looked inside and retrieved a boogy board to use. I hope the furniture we saw in the basement wasn't to be used again. Really disgusting.

Customer service was not good. I was never welcomed when I checked in. In fact, I had to ask directions to the cabin. I was never asked how our stay was when we had to go to the office to get more toilet paper. I was never thanked for staying there. I did not get an apology for the issues I brought up, only reasons why they were the way they were (cost, always mold issues, only deep clean once a year, no time between guests to clean good).

The ocean view was beautiful, but not worth the $$$ to stay in this rundown place. I definitely would not recommend the Sandpiper to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2016
7  Thank darcyp86
Reviewed August 15, 2016

The only good thing about this resort is the close access to the beach. $400 a nite for the cabin we stayed in is outrageous, bathroom smelled of mold. Very outdated, will never ever stay there again.

Room tip: do not choose a cabin
Date of stay: August 2016
3  Thank beckymatthiesen
Reviewed July 22, 2016

Most amazing view and location. BUT the cabins are so incredibly outdated. The beds are horrible, the furniture is outdated and falling apart. The shower looked so bad we refused to use it.

Cabin is stocked but they didn't provide us with more than one trash bag. Now screen door.

New stove, new coffee pot and toaster. For what you pay - you could get a much nicer place.

We wont be back

Room tip: We rented cabin A
Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank Brooke N
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We have returned to Sandpiper numerous times to be welcomed to our beach home away from home. The views are breathtaking from the large private deck which faces ever changing scenery of the Pacific Ocean. The sunsets are second to none, we especially enjoy viewing them from the rockers on the deck. We find the pot belly stoves and rainy day puzzles in the room to be cozy and comforting. The rooms are always impeccably clean. The owners remember us each time we visit and make us feel welcomed. If you are looking for updated and stuffy pretense, head a mile down the road to Seabrook Village. In my book, the Sandpiper is the real deal, a perfect backdrop to a lovely vacation.

Room tip: Room number 8 is our all time favorite for sunset viewing.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review. We would like to offer a special discount for your next reservation with us, so please let us know, when you make your next reservation.