All reviews ocean shores nice gift shop get away from it all easy beach access boardgames unplug units rates
Reviewed February 23, 2017

Nice view from our cabin, cabin nbr 4' however place is extremely run down. Also running water was discolored light brown part of the time. Place is overpriced for its condition plus separate cleaning fee charge of $20 on top of the room rate. No matches in the room for fireplace.

Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank dennisn902
Annie C, Marketing manager at Sandpiper Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Alot of upgrades are forthcoming... the water is on septic so that will discolor sometimes. We are lowest in the area for cleaning fees- hopefully your future trips will be more to your liking!

Reviewed February 16, 2017

I stayed here with friends in January to conduct a retreat for a non-profit group we volunteer with, and it was the perfect location. We rented a large 3 bedroom cabin that could comfortably sleep 10 people in the bedrooms, although we only had 7 of us. We had three large couches, picture windows, fireplace, mudroom, large open kitchen, and dining room.

Of course we were there during the off season, but that was better for crowds and rates. Sandpiper is a great place for couples, large groups, business retreats, and pleasure, we certainly had a good time.

Room tip: Try coming during an off season for best rates and availability. We came in january and it was sunny but cold all weekend.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sadtaco

So glad we could accommodate your group- we look forward to another visit!

Reviewed November 5, 2016

We rented a large apartment for our family of 6. We had 3 baths, 3 bedrooms, a fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher and a very large great room. The leather sofas and fireplace were perfect for our relaxing cool rainy weekend. The view from the huge picture windows is spectacular and the wide flat beach was wonderful for misty walks with the dog. The resort has a variety of accommodations and we had the largest available. There are markets and restaurants within a few miles. We stocked up on supplies and enjoyed eating at our large dining table. Although the décor is dated and a bit shabby we felt completely comfortable.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank GardenerB
Annie C, Manager at Sandpiper Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Thank you for your review. We would like to offer a special discount for your next visit with us, so remind us when you check in, or book your room with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

My family and I were so excited to be staying in a cabin (cabin A) right on the Pacific Ocean. We were splurging on a "wonderful" place on the last two nights of our road trip of the Olympic peninsula. Imagine our dissapointment as we approached our cabin to see that the outward appearance was not only rundown but the front door desperately needed a coat of paint! (Strike 1) "Ok, well, the inside will be better," I thought. Nope. The musty smell over took us as we entered our "splurge". (Strike 2) However, we were immediately drawn to the view we had of the ocean, but the view was distracted by the poor shape of the sliding glass door. It definitely needed replaced as you could not see through the moisture stuck inside the window. (Strike 3) As my heart was sinking, I was thinking, "Wow, we are paying close to $400 a night for this dump? We have been taken on this place!" I then checked out the bathroom. Total disbelief! "How can this be okay for my family's health?" I thought. I was totally overcome by the smell of MOLD. I knew this wasn't okay to breathe in. (Strike 4) I knew this was a mistake when I saw my daughter sulking in the chair on the verge of tears. I knew she hated it.

The whole cabin was "weird". The mold issue was my main concern. My lungs were affected by it on the last night when I took a shower, as I was a wheezy and my lungs "itched". The cabin was dated. The furniture was old. The place needed a deep clean. The cabinet to the garbage can was gross. Luckily I brought my Clorox wipes with me.

They clearly have a mold issue that is beyond the "pine sol" cleaning method of ridding it. (That was Annie's response to the mold issue). I don't think she understands the health issue here. The mold is in the wood and needs replaced, not cleaned. The creepy basement was OVERWHELMED with the smell of mold. My son looked inside and retrieved a boogy board to use. I hope the furniture we saw in the basement wasn't to be used again. Really disgusting.

Customer service was not good. I was never welcomed when I checked in. In fact, I had to ask directions to the cabin. I was never asked how our stay was when we had to go to the office to get more toilet paper. I was never thanked for staying there. I did not get an apology for the issues I brought up, only reasons why they were the way they were (cost, always mold issues, only deep clean once a year, no time between guests to clean good).

The ocean view was beautiful, but not worth the $$$ to stay in this rundown place. I definitely would not recommend the Sandpiper to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2016
7  Thank darcyp86
Reviewed August 15, 2016

The only good thing about this resort is the close access to the beach. $400 a nite for the cabin we stayed in is outrageous, bathroom smelled of mold. Very outdated, will never ever stay there again.

Room tip: do not choose a cabin
Date of stay: August 2016