The Sandpiper is the best place ever! I have been coming here many years for the ocean and it does not disappoint. The Sandpiper has the best beach access. Sure it is not high tech and the most modern-looking, but that's exactly why we like it. The rooms give a secluded-cabin vibe and are perfect for focusing on the great company around you. The kitchens have been well stocked at each of my visits. I will however say the water is iffy, but then again, it is not much different than some of the fancy places at Ocean Shores. The location is great too. It is not too far from Ocean Shores and there are many places to explore close by. Also, Annie is wonderful and sooo accommodating. She is always looking to make sure your stays is great and hassle-free! (Btw: The ocean views are spectacular from the ground or balcony!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sandpiper Beach Resort is located on Washington's wild Pacific Coast, two miles south of the town of Pacific Beach in Grays Harbor County, roughly 3 hours' drive west of Seattle. The resort, founded in 1973, is nestled on a forested hillside directly on Mocrocks beach, a miles-long strip of flat, sandy beach known for its crashing surf, adjacent clay bluffs, and solitude. Offshore, fishing boats and whales ply the pristine waters of the Copalis National Wildlife Refuge.At the Sandpiper, our goal is to provide you with a clean, comfortable, functional and affordable place to get away from it all and enjoy the company of those you're traveling with. Accommodations range from small cabins or studios with room for 2-4 guests, up to large cabins or multi-bedroom units that are perfect for groups as large as 12. Each unit includes a fully-equipped kitchen, fireplace, sweeping ocean view, and a private deck or patio with rocking or lounge chairs for taking in the sunset with a glass of wine in hand.Sandpiper guests pass their time in a range of activities. Long walks on the beach are a must in any season. A winter day might be spent inside by the fire, watching a storm roll in off the Pacific. The wind is often perfect for kite-flying, while a warm day in July or August finds many guests swimming or body-surfing in the cool ocean waves.The Sandpiper infuses kids and dogs with a special energy; both are welcome and encouraged here. Generations of Northwest families have made the Sandpiper a home away from home.Our position by the world's most productive razor clam beds, together with our handy Clam Kitchen, draws visitors during licensed digs throughout the fall, winter and spring. Fishermen don hip-waders and stride into the waves after tasty surfperch. Indoors, you might cook up a delicious meal, read a good book, or tackle a board game or puzzle. At night, a cozy bed and the soft roar of the ocean will allow you to drift off and perhaps even sleep in late.If cabin fever strikes, head over to our Gift Shop to sip an espresso, use the free Wi-Fi, and shop for a memento of your stay or a gift for a loved one. Hop in the car to explore all that coastal Washington has to offer, from horseback riding on the beach at Ocean Shores, to hiking the temperate rain forest or alpine peaks of nearby Olympic National Park. The closest town, Pacific Beach, housed a secret Cold War-era submarine-listening post, which is now a recreation facility open to the public.A bit further north in Moclips, the Museum of the North Beach chronicles the unexpectedly rich history of the area. The beaches of the Quinault Indian Nation hide remote treasures like the much-photographed Tunnel Island; visit tribal headquarters in Taholah for a day pass, or engage a tribal guide for world-class salmon fishing on the Quinault River.The Sandpiper is a true retreat, with no TVs or phones to disturb your stay, and only limited cell phone service in the area. Join us at the edge of the earth to get away from it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sandpiper Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beach Hotel Pacific Beach
- Sandpiper Beach Resort Washington/Pacific Beach