“Great Bakery and a coffee lover's dream”
Review of Sweet River Bakery

Sweet River Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Pateros
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A beautiful spot with a patio overlooking the Columbia River. Breads are baked in a brick oven, pastries and cookies made from scratch. The sandwiches come with a salad or kettle chips. All pizza's are hand tossed. The espresso coffee is made with Blue Star coffee, winner of Seattle's Best Award. During the summer bands play on the back patio from 7pm to 10 pm. Enjoy a pizza with a beer or glass of wine.
Reviewed June 1, 2015

Nothing fancy just great goodies, didn't stay for lunch but the menu looked very tasty. They have indoor and outside dining.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed May 26, 2015

I got my morning latte there. My son got a yummy bakery item--don't remember what, but he thought it was great--a croissant filled with spicy unusual ingredients.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed May 12, 2015

ALL the food (sandwiches and bakery goods) are wonderful! Everything is made to order on site by local folks. Outside seating area could be better landscaped but still great.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 1, 2015

"The Bakery" as it is known to the locals, is actually quite a bit more than that. It does in fact have great fresh baked breads, pastries, cookies, etc... The pleasant surprise is that it has fantastic sandwiches, pizza, soup and more! Alex, Donna and staff are friendly and personable. This was the very first place I ate when I came to the area. I have been here a year (dare I consider myself a local), the food & baked goods have actually gotten better. You can't go wrong by stopping in!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed March 8, 2015

We stopped in for a latte, and I could not pass up the looks of a unique apple turnover. I am almost 60, have loved apple turnovers my whole life, and I do believe that the best I have ever had are these creations in the megatropolis of Pateros, WA.!!! The pastry itself was very flaky and tender, more filling on the inside than I am use too, you did not have to take 3 bites to find the filling, and then they put a cinnamon sweet coating on top. They were absolutely wonderful. I ate one while she was making our lattes, so I had to get another to take with me. The lattes were very good too, and we also got several chocolate chip cookies that made your heart sing, but have I told you yet how much I love the apple turnovers!!!

Date of visit: March 2015