“visiting grand kids”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Pateros
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Howard*s Rivers Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The family that owns the Restaurant started the business selling their beef which is now known as RR. Prime Rib on Friday and Saturday night is the dining specialty. Breakfast is served until 2pm daily, with the Sunday Breakfast special being chicken fried Prime Rib. Lunch can be a quick business meeting or linger over one of the daily specials. River's Restaurant has a meal for everyone.
Reviewed March 5, 2018

stayed at the motel, howards on the river, and the restaurant is right next door. had biscuits and gravy and eggs benedict, yummy

jeanette p, General Manager at Howards Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you Valerie! I hope you had fun with the grandkids.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I particularly like the French dip sandwich that comes with cheese and caramelized onions. Generous portion and nicely done.
At this point (early 2018) they have NO competition for dinning in the area and fortunately they do NOT abuse that!
Excellent breakfast and lunch choices. Pretty standard American fare but done nicely.
The wine list is good and they often have a special on something from the Chelan region.

jeanette p, General Manager at Howards Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

We thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion matters. We appreciate the business and will continue trying our best to provide consistent reasonably priced meals.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Oh my god. Im picky. Extremely picky. The cowboy burger..... phenomenal than you chef Ryan. Keep it up. Beyond exceptional service. Far above and beyond ANYTHING ive experienced from everett wa to oroville wa. Stacey delivered on service. 10/10!!! I wouldnt want to be served by anyone else. The pumpkin pie was ALMOST as good as my great grandmas. And she makes the best. I will be back to steal that recipe from the chef. Mr. Dennis i Will pry it from your hands!!

jeanette p, General Manager at Howards Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Hello! Thank you for this review. You are very generous with your praise. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast on way through. Nice spot on the water. Very friendly service. Food was good. Would stop in again.

jeanette p, General Manager at Howards Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you for stopping and writing a review. We wish you a wonderful 2018.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

Thoroughly enjoying the hotel to which this restaurant is attached, I really, truly, wanted to like Rivers as well, and as much. I have several experiences with the restaurant in the past, but all for breakfast. Those were all great experiences. This time it was for supper. I don't think I could have been more disappointed.

This was a celebration weekend for a special birthday trip to the Okanogan. The meal was for their Friday evening prime rib. I've never had such poor quality prime rib. The other items served with the meat were good, which is the only reason I'm giving this an 'average' rating. We could have had better prime rib at Shari's or Applebee's.

Howard's goes out of its way to tout the "best in the Northwest" quality of their aged and seasoned prime rib, in hotel posters, elevator posters, in-room promotions, and on the menu. I'm going to hope that this was merely, then, an anomaly and an "off" night.

Both of us ordered the prime rib. Both of us requested it as a medium doneness. Doneness was fine. But the meat was presented without temperature, without any of the customary flavoring crust on the outer edge, and with the largest glob of fat attached I've ever seen on a slice of prime rib. We're not talking the usual lobe, we're talking fat that took up nearly half of what was our slice of meat, mine only slightly smaller than my dining partner's. It was so off-putting it ruined the meal for the birthday celebrant.

The meat was tasteless. And nothing redeemed it. The au jus flavor told me that none of the rib roast had any of the flavor producing crust on it. The au jus was so bland as to seemingly be produced from a mix rather than actual pan juices. The requested horseradish was also completely flavorless, having no heat whatsoever, appearing to be an emulsification of some sort to pass off as horseradish.

jeanette p, General Manager at Howards Rivers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you so much for leaving a detailed comment.

It appears that the way the Prime Rib was cooked was a large issue for you. I realized we do not distinguish the way we cook clearly. At Howard*s Rivers Restaurant our prime rib is rubbed in the house seasoning and then smoked in the Traeger. We DO NOT bake in the oven with a crust. Very different styles that are simply the way of that establishment, no norm.

It is customary to have a fat tail and good marbling with prime rib. The fat is what gives the delicous test. We are so sorry yours was more than comfortable for you.

We serve the condiments to compliment the taste of the meat not over power it. The horse radish with the meal is a sauce. We do provide straight horseradish if requested.

Long and short, what you experienced was not good for you. We are very sorry.