All reviews no elevator miss kitty third floor high ceilings foot ceilings working girls stained glass the main street water street old victorian modern conveniences charming hotel the entire hotel cool place top floor historic building step back in time
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

The Palace Hotel is an interesting hotel. Full of antiques and charm. The doors of the vacant rooms are left open during the day allowing you to take a wander around. The service at the front desk was friendly. Our room, Miss Simone's, located on the third floor was clean but in need of a make over. The carpeting was quite dated among other things. As has been mentioned by many other reviewers there is no air conditioning which for me wasn't a problem but my friends found the room too warm. There is private parking in the back of the hotel which is nice because the hotel is located in the heart of downtown Port Townsend. Most of the shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The room prices are reasonable in my opinion. I would return again to the Palace Hotel if I am in PT.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were attending a concert and decided at the last minute to spend the night in Port Townsend. The palace hotel was right downtown, close to everything and the hotel staff were friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We would gladly stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 752fredricke
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We just stayed one night midweek in august. I loved the character and general feel of the hotel. central location makes strolling downtown for dinner easy and fun, clean rooms, ours had a kitcheonette with a real size coffee maker, microwave and full size fridge. however, if you're in town during a heat wave, there is no a/c. sleeping with the windows open is okay, but you'll get some street noise if you're early to bed folk, and the seagulls in the morning all excited about garbage day can start you off earlier than you'd like. that being said, I would definitely return - we had a great time!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

This hotel, built in the late 1800's, is very clean and historical. On the main street in Port Townsend, there is plenty of shopping and places to dine. There are 3 levels in this hotel, all stairs. So probably not good for people who cannot climb a lot of stairs. Several rooms have water views and are reasonably priced.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Excellent location on the main strip in Port Townsend. Easy walking distance to restaurants, galleries and shopping. Older hotel with lots of character. Large rooms and bath with 14 ft ceilings. We had a corner room with a view of the harbor. The only cons were the lack of an elevator (we were on the third floor), and it was a bit noisy at night with the windows open. Also, there is no air conditioning which normally is not a problem but it was unusually hot when we were there (almost 90 degrees) so the third floor bedroom was warm at night. Due to lack of elevator, would not recommend for anyone with mobility or health issues.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple