All reviews no elevator miss kitty third floor high ceilings foot ceilings working girls stained glass the main street charming hotel modern conveniences the entire hotel victorian decor cool place step back in time water st top floor corner room
Reviewed September 22, 2016

The Palace is an authentic Victorian style "painted lady" hotel on PT's most interesting and historic street along the waterfront. Each room is unique, and like all the public areas, furnished in nice period antiques, with lots of lace and quilts. A favorite spot is the 2nd floor library for sitting. However, a lot of the old upholstered furniture isn't terribly comfortable for sitting.

The housekeeping is excellent and rooms have coffee service with real cream, not powder, small fridge, and micro. My room lacked sugar packets.

Some rooms feature grand bathtubs, so if you fancy that, request it. a couple of the rooms have bathrobes, but not all, so request that as well if it's important. Other rooms don't have en suite bathrooms, something you might want to verify when booking.

I appreciated the reading lamps and oscillating fan. A charging strip, magnifying mirror and dressing mirror would have been convenient.

Amenities are minimal, just soap and shampoo, so bring your own conditioner.

There are lots of stairs, so be prepared to carry your luggage up.

The hosts are really nice and helpful. Recommended for a unique overnight or two.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

I am flat out in love with this hotel, despite the steep stair climb to our amazing Marie's Suite. My husband and I are 65+, so despite gym & yoga, we do have some mobility issues, but great help was available for my overpacked suitcase, so all ended well- very well indeed. Our suite is light filled, charming and yet fitted out beautifully with every convenience. A delightful melding of historical whimsy with modern convenience. I could just happily move in for an indefinite period of time, filled with the decadence and opulence of our Victorian era suite. This hotel served as a brothel at one time in its colourful history and we snagged the Madame's Suite! Perfect- We are already planning our next trip!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

The Palace Hotel is an interesting hotel. Full of antiques and charm. The doors of the vacant rooms are left open during the day allowing you to take a wander around. The service at the front desk was friendly. Our room, Miss Simone's, located on the third floor was clean but in need of a make over. The carpeting was quite dated among other things. As has been mentioned by many other reviewers there is no air conditioning which for me wasn't a problem but my friends found the room too warm. There is private parking in the back of the hotel which is nice because the hotel is located in the heart of downtown Port Townsend. Most of the shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The room prices are reasonable in my opinion. I would return again to the Palace Hotel if I am in PT.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were attending a concert and decided at the last minute to spend the night in Port Townsend. The palace hotel was right downtown, close to everything and the hotel staff were friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We would gladly stay there again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 752fredricke
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We just stayed one night midweek in august. I loved the character and general feel of the hotel. central location makes strolling downtown for dinner easy and fun, clean rooms, ours had a kitcheonette with a real size coffee maker, microwave and full size fridge. however, if you're in town during a heat wave, there is no a/c. sleeping with the windows open is okay, but you'll get some street noise if you're early to bed folk, and the seagulls in the morning all excited about garbage day can start you off earlier than you'd like. that being said, I would definitely return - we had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple