“Quiet Winter Dinner”

Belmont Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #26 of 105 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2018

My husband and I camped one night in our motorhome and walked downtown where we went to a movie at the Rose Theater, visited a wine bar for a drink and live music, and then had a nice dinner at the Belmont. My husband had read about it and wanted to try it.
It's nicely decorated and had several good menu choices. The waiter was polite and helpful. I had a caesar salad and crab cakes, which were actually appetizers. They were delicious. My husband had a pasta dish which he liked but didn't think it was that special.
It was a Thursday evening in December and the restaurant was very quiet. Another couple was finishing their meal about the time we arrived and we didn't see anyone else the whole time we were there. We hope they get more business because it's really a nice place. We would go again.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

From the minute we walked into this restaurant we were treated like royalty!
We had a beautiful view of the water at sundown and the service was wonderful. We both had rib eye steaks smothered in a lobster, crab, and sauce mixture with shrimp on the side. This was by far the best rib eye steak i have ever eaten!

Reviewed December 22, 2017

A reliable place for casual lunch or nice dinner. The fish is always fresh and nicely prepared. A desent range of options from casual or fine dining. If they have fresh halibut, select that.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

A friend and I had dinner reservations for Friday night. Water view table, excellent service. They did not have the cocktail I liked, but were accommodating to mix up something new. I usually order either the Baked Dover Sole, or the Baked Chicken Dijon which are both delicious. This time I ordered the 3 Masted Filet Mignon. The steak was fork tender and delicious, and the prawns were perfect. I was a little surprised by the potato side dish, which is sort of a cheesy hash/mashed potato mixture. Good, but odd at this price point. My big disappointment for the night was the bread. It is always one of my favorite parts of a meal. They served us their usual butter whipped with balsamic (delightful) served with what seemed to be hamburger slider buns cut in half. While everything else was great, I can't stop thinking about how sad I was when that basket arrived.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I've been going to the Belmont for decades, each time I'm in Port Townsend. The good: attentive service. Excellent Bloody Mary. Lovely setting. The make a potato side dish in which the potatoes are grated and (maybe?) blended with mashed potatoes. It's killer. The bad: Seafood Fettuccini was ghastly. It said sauteed but arrived as noodles swimming in very lemon-y broth with overdone, washed out seafood bits. It really tasted like pasta swimming in warm lemonade. The special, "Halibut stuffed with crab with lobster sauce" as priced in the low $30 range and was just as bland as white bread. No seafood flavor, no lobster taste of any kind and remarkably small portioned. I was still hungry so proceeded to consume the lemon-ade broth of my spouse's meal ( which he did not finish half of ). Additionally, the pre-dinner bread rolls were from Safeway, I'm sure of it. Standard Thanksgiving Day dinner rolls, cut in half. Is there not a good bakery in town??? Seriously, if you're going to charge these prices, get some chefs in the kitchen that have training. Little irks me more than paying upwards of $100 for food of lower quality than I can make for myself. That said, it was 8:00 p.m., the restaurant was not crowded and the kitchen was not pressed for 20 dishes to be made pronto. Come on, Belmont, you can ( and have ) done much better. This is the second sub-par performance. I'll give you one more shot.