“Very Good Thai”

Kachai Thai Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We met a friend here for dinner. The place is nicely decorated and a bit upscale. We were quickly seated and felt well taken care of our whole visit. Our friend had Swimming Rama and was very happy with her choice. My wife had Pad Kee Mau with Chicken., 2 star. She liked it but through the 2-star was more like 1-star. I had Basil Prawns and Scallops, 2-star. I also enjoyed my dish but it was more mildly spiced than most places 2-star. Now that we know to order one star more spicy next time we will do that.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018

The food is tasty with fresh ingredients, nice sauces, and pretty good diversity. We have food that sometimes we LOVE a dish--like garlic chicken: crispy outside (without being batter-fried), tender chunks of meat, and a to-die-for sauce, but other times find it way too sweet?!? The noddle dishes are always good, and while the curry tofu is so delicious, the portion size is so tiny for the cost that we don't get it anymore. (It's just tofu, after all!) We've had less than stellar experience with the front desk staff, which I wouldn't mention but after reading other reviews on YELP, i see I am not alone. OH--and PS--their spring rolls are fried, so if you want the un-fried ones you generally order elsewhere, here you have to ask for 'fresh rolls". The prices are on the higher side for a restaurant of this sort, but not unreasonable. I just wish the portions were bigger, and that the food was more consistent.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018

The place was packed, but our food was reasonably timed. But if you're seeking, "fast food," go to the mall. If you want an experience, one of gracious wait staff, delicious food and a very nice ambiance, then it's going to be hard to beat Kachai. The prices are very reasonable. If it were in Seattle, it would be twice as expensive. So given the pricepoint *combined* with very attentive staff, the homey and upscale feel, and the killer food, it's a slam-dunk 5.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Eight family gathered for graduation celebration and found the food and service to be very good. Tip added automatically!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018

This restaurant had been recommended by a good friend, so we tried it last night. We were very disappointed. The interior is lovely, and their waitstaff was friendly. But, their food let us down. I had the Cashew Chicken and while it was very good, it was certainly not a dinner size portion. My husband had the Crab and Prawn Fried Rice, and it was very dry, had only 3 small shrimp and a piece of crab the size of a nickel! There was almost no flavor to his dish. He ended up spooning a lot of my sauce over his rice to give it some flavor. We won't be going back.

Date of visit: May 2018