“Friendly staffs”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Poulsbo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend while driving up to Canada. I was initially looking for Holiday Inn as I didnt realize there have been a change. It's located in a convenient location, close to small shops and restaurant. We were greeted with very friendly front desk. Room was nice and clean, Parking was abundant and spacious. I did not expect to see a flat screen TV and free WiFi but it was definitely a luxury that I fully took advantage of. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jake1978

Reviewed 2 April 2012

this convenient hotel was formerly an HIE but is now Guest House Inn. we chose them because they accept pets and we were traveling with our dogs. I found very few properties that would accept pets when I was planning the trip. it is adequate but I was not impressed.

this hotel is off the main highway closer to town. it is right next to a plaza that has a Starbucks and a grocery store. it is quiet and maybe 3 minutes from the quaint town of Poulsbo on the waterfront. (I recommend a stop in to Sluy's Bakery btw)
the room was priced similar to most hotels I looked at but the bed was way too soft and we tended to be forced to roll into the middle of the small bed and therefore sleep was not the best. I also need to mention that even though the sink is outside the toilet/shower area there is very little room for the toilet. the paper holder was so close to the toilet that a person on the larger side might not fit. be careful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NifT33
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Our room was so comfortable. When we checked in Cheryl was at the front desk and made us feel very welcome. Especially after we got our key and she uncovered some fresh baked white chocolate cranberry cookies. Nice! The room was simple but very nice. Beds were extremely comfy. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen. Though at least the sink and mirror area is outside the small toilet/shower/bath room. Great free internet access. Free HBO on the flat screen TV. The breakfast area is so nice with books, fireplace - very home like feel. Breakfast area was very clean and always being stocked by friendly staff member. Nice variety of foods in the free breakfast that comes with your room. Nice! When checking out Cheryl was there again and said goodbye and was genuinely happy that we enjoyed our stay. We will love to come back to Poulsbo and we will stay at the Guesthouse! Thank you for helping make our 14th Anniversary memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jilltoons
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Went over to Kitsap area for some work. Stayed here for a few days.

Great location, centrally located to everything, including work, stores, gas station, and restaurant. Rooms for comfy, clean, and seems have been updated recently. Like the flat screen TVs. Free WiFi was great also. As a frequent hotel guests for work and vacation, from 3-5 starts hotels. Didn't expect too much for a three start hotel in this small town.

Check in was quick. Staff was very friendly and helpful to provide information getting around town for things, and gave some good advance on catching the ferry back to Seattle.

Best of all - breakfast was free and good. Warm biscuits/pastries with juice, yogurt, and milk. Perfect for me. Saved me money and a run to starbucks and macdonalds.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank spdwlker h
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My family of five stayed here over Thanksgiving, and we were very pleased. Front desk staff were friendly, and the property was well maintained. Rooms include microwave and good-sized refrigerator. We enjoyed sitting by the fireplace in the comfy lobby. There's an exercise room and an outdoor hot tub. Breakfast was similar to what you find at, say, a Hampton Inn: muffins, juice, yogurt, bananas, plus scrambled eggs and hot biscuits and gravy. The hotel is near the shops, galleries, Skandinavian bakeries and restaurants on Front Street, and about a ten-minute drive to the north end of Bainbridge Island. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank B_McCann
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend here with my girlfriend, and we were impressed by the excellent customer service. The rooms were nice and clean, and bed was pretty comfortable. The girl at the front desk was extremely friendly, and made the check-in process quick and easy. This hotel is great value for the amount you're paying. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Samuel H
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years, primarily when it was a Holiday Inn Express....In each of these experiences, the hotel would have rated pretty well, with clean rooms, excellent space for parking and walking dogs, etc.....all for a reasonable price. (Not the Ritz, but, a good, place to stay for the money). THIS time was much different, so whether it was an anomoly, or whether the place is deteriorating under the relatively new GUEST house chain ownership remains to be seen.

At any rate, I reserved the room and indicated I wanted a pet room on the ground floor, near the back door......No problems there......When we walked into the room, I noted a horrible smell somewhere between a stopped up sewer drain and a moldy/musty basement.....I called the front desk to tell the woman and asked her if she had any idea what the smell was and if they could do something....She was very nice, but came with a can of Febreze, saying that YES< the room really smelled and that perhaps the carpets had been cleaned and were wet too long without drying....She said there were no more rooms available, but we agreed that opening the window would help.....

Suffice to say, when I got into bed, I noticed the REAL problem.....The ceiling had been patched (over bulges) and repainted in several spots and the wall paper was bulging away from the walls in the corner....WATER DAMAGE/LEAKING and that stench was undoubtedly Mold/fungus growing in the walls/ceiling. As the night wore on, the smell seemed to get worse....It was quite honestly, the worst room I've stayed in in some time....When I told them at the front desk that it had been a bad night due to the mildewy stink, and that they needed to have the room inspected and perhaps do a mold abatement program, he just stared at me and said he'd tell the manager...It was clear he already knew there was a problem and blew me off....Since an actual mold problem poses a health hazard, I reported it to the county health Department and they indicated they would inspect the room ASAP. Both of us in that room had itchy eyes and felt congested all day today.....

The Room number was 137.....Avoid it at all costs and if there are similar problems in adjacent rooms, report it......I will not be staying at this facility again......Too bad, as it used to be a nice spot.....

Room Tip: Avoid those rooms near the front North corner of the hotel..(137 and 136 area)..There is clearly a m...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank rjdtba
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Hello, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate any review of the hotel, whether its good or bad. The hotel has certain pet rooms assigned as there are guests who are allergic to pets. #137 is one of our few pet rooms which gets used the most since it's nearby an entrance/exit door. Over time, the carpet has worn out from all the pets being in the room and caused some odor. Since the review, we have replaced the carpet/pad in all pet rooms and no longer has any odor from them. There is no sign of mold/mildew in any of the rooms and we take quick appropriate actions with any evidence of it. I'm sorry for the bad stay and we assure you that we don't lack any service/quality due to a franchise change. In fact, we have done numerous recent upgrades including, fresh carpet in all common areas plus several of the guest rooms, marble tiles, flat screen TV's, pillowtop mattresses, etc. Please refer to our photo gallery on our website, thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poulsbo
1.1 km away
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
15.0 km away
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
20.3 km away
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo? Share your experiences!