“Consistency All Around”

Cuisines: Chilean, German, Swedish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We've been going to Tizley's for years and above everything else, it's very consistent! The food is great and the service is slow! We've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner and no matter what, food is great and service is slow!

This visit was for dinner and we definitely weren't disappointed! The service was friendly, which it always has been, just super slow and sometimes hard to get attention when you need it. Some places you go for the whole experience, Tizley's you go for the food! Oh, and drinks! The drinks are generous pours, probably one of the best Lemon Drops I've had in a long time!

Finally... I finally ordered the Shank! Every time we've gone for dinner they've either been out or I've craved the Schnitzel for so long I've had to have that! The Shank is amazing! Tender, melt in your mouth, tasty pork atop braised caramelized sour kraut and warm potato salad. Makes my mouth water just remembering it! Hubby had the Swedish Meatballs and said they were fantastic but the Horseradish Mashed Potatoes were to die for! Just a hint of horseradish gave them a flavor I couldn't get enough of! Daughter had the Chicken Parmesan and they nailed it! Tender chicken and what I think was fresh pasta, it was light and chewy at the same time, just perfect! The two others in our dinner party ordered the Schnitzel and as usual, it was perfection on a bed of spaetzel or on a bun!

We'll always be back when we're in the area and I highly recommend you try them out too!

Reviewed November 4, 2017

I am a local of this area. I have eaten here on many occasions along with family and friends. I am an experienced traveller, being a commercial pilot, and have been to Germany countless times. Tizley's has the most authentic German food in Washington. The closest completion to this quality of food that I am aware is Leavenworth, WA. I would rate Tizley's as #1 and the Leavenworth German food a close #2.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We lived in Germany for three years and loved the food. Tizley's made us feel like we returned to Germany. They hammered and breaded the schnitzels to perfection -- no gristle or fat. The spaetzle and red cabbage tasted exactly like the old country. Tizley's matched that with friendly and courteous service from our waiter, Ivan, a good German Mosel Riesling and a nice balconey view of Poulsbo. Overall, a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

There are quite a few stairs to go up. There is seating options outside. Our server was genuine and friendly. Everything we ate was good. Irish, Mediteranean, German, Scandinavian...A little bit of Europe tucked away.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I'd heard so much about this place and was looking forward to trying it. It was my adult son's birthday so we decided to try the vast beer selection and European food mid week for lunch. We got a table on the outside balcony patio and enjoyed watching the downtown traffic. The beer selection was good. The food was rather expensive for the quality. A very mixed bag of European food. The spaetzle was absolutely the worst we've ever had. It tasted like it was leftover from the previous day and reheated to a crunch texture in a frying pan. It was inedible. The sandwiches were ok. They don't do anything for it being your birthday.