“Very Nice Big Bucks Breakfast”

Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Reviewed October 16, 2018

This restaurant is very inviting, with high-beamed ceiling and a plenty of comfortable seating choices. Wife & I visited for weekday breakfast to load up on cholesterol after fasting for lab work, and I will say we had plenty of tasty, filling breakfast food. Waitperson was very competent but a bit harried, so she rated high on the competence scale and low on the friendly spectrum. When all was said and done, we really enjoyed our breakfast but felt that prices were a buck or two per plate than we were used to paying for a morning meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Good location, nice exposed-beam atmosphere, lots of windows.

Good selection of food, we liked the breakfast at mid day.

Date of visit: July 2018
Kolten L, Guest Relations Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Afternoon,

We truly thank you for your feedback and are glad to see you enjoyed your visit to Elmer’s. We love hearing from our Guests and we send each review directly to the restaurant management to be seen. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Wednesday night & we decided to drive into Elmer's in Poulsbo for dinner. We haven't been there for a while & the food is always good & lots of it. As we drove into the lot I joked with my bride & said, "It's dinner time & the parking lot is almost empty. The food must have went downhill!" It was only a joke, but was I right on. My bride & I both had a chicken fried steak dinner. The best part of our dinners was her Ivar's clam chowder & my garden salad. The "veggies", broccoli & baby carrots, looked & tasted like they had been on the steam table for a week. Neither one of us could eat them. Yukon Gold mashed potatoes were very mediocre (& they should have been great!) & the gravy was less than mediocre. Add to it all a very mediocre chicken fried steak & we probably will reserve Elmer's for breakfast only. The presentation looked very institutionalized &, as I am finding a lot of places, there was no garnish. The price was very reasonable, $12.69 a plate, & I think they are trying to hold their menu prices down by reducing the quality & the quantity of the food, which never works. I am just a working guy, but I prefer to pay a little more for a meal that when we leave you say "we need to go back there again soon". We will not be going back there for dinner. Elmer's has always been known for their excellent breakfasts & we will stick with that. A side note, we were waited on by a tall, bald gentleman by the name of Richard & the service was very good. Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2018
Kolten L, Guest Relations Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Afternoon,

We truly thank you for your feedback and we're frustrated that this is the type of experience you had at the Poulsbo Elmer's. Your comment has been forwarded onto the restaurant and seen by management. They appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience.

I contacted their General Manager, Marsha Luthy, earlier today and she is concerned about the experience you described. She would really like the chance to make it right. In hopes that you would contact her she would like to provide you with her contact information. You can reach her at (360) 697-2215. If you prefer, you can simply email her at "poulsbo@eatatelmers.com".

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you.

kolten@eatatelmers.com

Reviewed July 29, 2018

One of the better breakfast choices in Poulsbo. Expect to wait on the weekends; it's quite busy. Wait staff and food are really good. Puzzled by another reviewer here who stated that his fruit "came out of a can"; my order consisted of fresh grapes, bananas and watermelon; none of that ubiquitous cantaloupe and certainly not out of a can. Coffee is good too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Kolten L, Guest Relations Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Morning,

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and diverse menu available from this restaurant. I even ate my coleslaw which I normally leave on the side.

Date of visit: July 2018
Kolten L, Guest Relations Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Morning,