All reviews kitsap county comfortable beds cats ken hosts books homes
Reviewed July 26, 2017

The thought of writing this review has stressed me out ever since I got back from the Green Cat. I also take no pleasure in writing this review. Please take the time and be cautious when interacting with the Green Cat BnB owners.

I stayed here with family and had a professional photographer take some pictures. A local, wet, shivering, sickly looking dog started to approach us. I love dogs, but was hesitant to help because of the kids/toddlers that were around. I quickly ran to the house to ask the Green Cat owners if they knew the dog before calling animal control. I was greeted with a woman yelling at me. I was speechless. I turned and left as she followed me out the door and continued to yell. My mom momentarily parked up on their grass to get my handicapped grandpa as close to the photo shoot as possible. I mentioned that to her as she continued to yell. I finally had enough and stopped, turned around and told her to "piss off" and to talk to me like an adult (I'm 30 yrs old). I called her crazy and started to go to move the car. I noticed the keys were not in the car and went to find my mom. In seconds the female owner was back outside yelling at the whole family. The photographer was astonished and even gave us some condolences for the owner's behavior and apologized on behalf of her (stating Washingtonians do not behave like that and to come back in the future). In the end the female owner came back up and apologized to my Dad (who wasn't involved... I would've liked a personal apology to my face, but hey it-is-what-it-is). She also provided us with a bottle of wine. I feel like she might've been pushed to do this by her husband.

Anyways, the place is great and I had a great time except for the few times I interacted with the owners. They have a do not 'ring' policy and I forgot when the above incident happened. I apologized for knocking, but didn't think of it since the sign said "don't summon us with the door bell". I also almost never had cell service and had a hard time calling them. We also asked them for toilet paper and they texted us the address to the local store. Very passive aggressive. Anyways, reading some of the owner's older replies, I'm sure the owners will respond to this as we were the unruly group. Just wanted to provide my experience and nothing more. 2 stars for keeping the location looking great. Thank you for the stay. Please don't yell at customers anymore.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan3365
greencat2016, Owner at Green Cat Guest House and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

I love the use of the word Female. And I love it when misogyny ("I feel like she might've been pushed to do this by her husband" - note the word: Pushed) - rears its unconscious head in a review written for the public, especially in a man who has attained the great age of 30, which is old enough not to do the following: When someone pounds on the door of your home, saying that there was a mangey dog outside and that they were going to call the humane society to take it away, (I left a note explaining that the dog was our next door neighbor's and the poor thing had an auto-immune disorder) - when that someone pounds again on the other door of your private residence, one would interpret that as aggression. (Oh, dear, I'm terribly sorry the sight of this poor critter ruined your photo shoot.) When this group parks the family van on the lawn, not asking permission and not knowing that part of the lawn happened to be our new septic drain field, I'm sure you'll understand our concerns. Had they asked permission to drive on to the lawn, I would have told them how to get their grandfather closer to his photo setup by simply driving down our lane and parking at the bottom of the property, where there shoot was set up. When a group of 12 people take over your home as a vacation rental stocked with "starter supplies" for a week and expect that they will be provided with amenities for the duration of their stay, when this family group uses the kitchen in such a way as to leave an oily stench that lasted for two weeks, when the misuse of that kitchen caused us to have to wash not only the carpets, but the walls as well, - well, gentle reader, I will leave it up to you to form your own views. If you've ever owned or stayed in a vacation rental property - if your property has ever been trashed or misused, if you've ever felt the property was disrespected and disregarded with casual indifference, you'll know what I mean.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

While checking out homes, we stayed at this delightful BnB. It was great. Darling room and very clean, lots of room. Hosts were so nice and helped us w any questions. Food excellent for breakfast. Definitely won't forget this place. Away from traffic but easy to get to where we needed to go. Good for family, business, or just a romantic couples getaway.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2017

We scheduled a trip to go to Portland and then to visit the Kitsap Peninsula. We were not allowed to make the trip as there was a huge ice storm in Portland. Everyone involved in the trip, Alaska Air, Hilton Hotels, Hertz, Amtrak were all incredibly understanding and refunded and, in some cases, even gave additional vouchers for future trips.
The only one who kept our money, even though we simply couldn't get there was the Green Cat Guest House. They want us to accept a gift certificate even though we cancelled days before the stay. Their policy is iron clad, so make sure you don't have any delays as you will never see your money again.
Looks like a nice place, but I'm afraid I'll never know

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bert M
greencat2016, Owner at Green Cat Guest House and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2017

The Green Cat Guest House is a family owned and operated small business, unlike the giant corporations that own the international Hilton Hotel chain, Alaska Air, Hertz, and Amtrak. We depend on our business for our livelihood. We have a 7 day cancellation policy - again - we differ from the corporate impersonal hotel chains in this regard. We were happy to provide our guests with a gift certificate for future stays, so they did indeed "see their money again". We are sorry for the travel difficulties and we look forward to welcoming these guests when they decide to use their gift certificate.

Reviewed May 7, 2016

I came here with my daughter to celebrate Mother's Day. Beautiful facility, lovely grounds, nice private kitchen and laundry facilities to use if needed. This would be a great place for a small family reunion, about 10 people or s.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SheryllJane
Reviewed April 5, 2016

We recently travelled from Australia and stayed at the Green Cat for 10 nights. The guest house is quirky on the outside and beautiful, warm and inviting on the inside. The room/bed was very comfortable and we had everything we needed, including a cosy kitchen just for guests to use. Kimberly and Ken are lovely hosts who are happy to chat or leave their guests to enjoy the gorgeous guesthouse and gardens in peace. We were blessed with great weather and so enjoyed a 'campfire' on a couple of nights.

Leo the cat rates a special mention. He was friendly and also happy to chat. We miss him!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
greencat2016, Owner at Green Cat Guest House and B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

We were delighted to meet and get to you! We are on the watch now for hummingbirds on the deck, and will send photos as they arrive! Many thanks for staying with us, and we wish you all the best.