“The Great Escape” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
Spokane, Washington
“The Great Escape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Every once in a while I need to escape the cold in Spokane in early Winter and this just the spot. An oasis in the high desert, get it all in one place: hiking, great wine, cliffhouse room fireplace, delicious cuisine, and you can even bring your dog!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

We were on a summer long weekend with our dogs. We pulled off in the middle of nowhere and used GPS to find somewhere to stay. Traveling with dogs often means you miss out on luxury--Cave B to the rescue! Our Cavern Room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Great bathroom and comfy bedThe floor-to-ceiling windows look out at the basalt cliffs of the Columbia River--that alone makes Cave B extraordinary. Each ground floor unit has a stone patio right outside and in a few steps more you can look down into the river. The view is stunning. And, there are great paths to walk on throughout the property. It is a clever set-up with parking at the far edge of the property and electric golf carts to shuttle you with your luggage. Very relaxing. Beautiful setting. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fudgehaze
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have stayed at Cave B with my husband before and tried to book an upcoming accommodation with spa special they were offering on their website. The dates I wanted were available and the room type as well. When I phoned the Inn to confirm, I was told that the package was not available at the advertised price. After several discussions with assorted staff, I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he was in a meeting each time I called and my requests that he call me were ignored.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank herronsnest
LoyHelmlyGM, General Manager at Cave B Estate Winery & Resort, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your feeling that we did not provide accurate availability for the package and time period you wished to visit. Our special offers and packages are subject to availability and change occasionally as the rooms alotted for the offer fill in and the discount is withdrawn. We do try to accommodate everyone and their requests but hope that you will understand that there is often a lag time between when guests view availability on line and when the web pages are refreshed to show that availability has changed.

I am also sorry that I did not receive your contact information as you requested. My position often requires that I participate in meetings or daily activities around the property but I do try and follow up with all my messages and e-mails efficiently and in a timely manner. I will alert our staff to be sure that they pass all messages along to me so I can fulfill this commitment more accurately in the future.

Loy Helmly, General Manager
Yuma, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Cave B at the Columbia Gorge-- My family attended my brother's wedding that was held at Cave B this past weekend. The spectacular setting overrides any and all complaints, however one needs to know that the accomodations, while lovely, have an abundance of problems. We heard many complaints from our family and friends who were also staying here. We had a fireplace that did not work, a shower head that was broken, our lock didn't work, we had no hot water, and our toilet was plugged upon our arrival and continued to be plugged throughout our stay. The beuatiful huge glass sliding doors leading out to a very dramatic view were smeared with fingerprints and the floors hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Lighting in the evening is extremely poor this time of year and the resort really needs to work on improving the lighting along the trails and paths to the cliffhouses. There was also dog poop all over in the yards of the cliffhouses. The towels provided were as thin as rags. Finally, the poor driving of the employees who were escorting guests around the property during the wedding and reception led to one of the wedding guests falling off of the vehicle and injuring his head!

On the plus side, the structures throughout the property--included the amazing cliffhouses, are beautiful, and the location is truly, absolutely stunning. All employees are very friendly.

What a shame. Cave B is one of a kind, and has some extremely positive qualitiies and could be top notch-----but the standards for service and cleanliness are truly lacking and have resulted in my rating the property as "Average".

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alaskacowfarm
We recently received your comments that were posted and were sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for guest room housekeeping and maintenance while you were attending your relative’s wedding this past weekend. We saw so many of the family & friends of the bride & groom who appeared to be having a great time. We are sorry that these items you described detracted from your stay and the joyous occasion of the wedding and reception afterwards. We have noted your areas of concern for additional cleaning details and minor repairs needed and have shared them with our team in order that we can correct them right away. As you commented, these items should have been handled easily and we apologize that they detracted from the overall experience of your stay.

We were also sorry to hear of the accident by one of the guests riding on our shuttle carts. We are reviewing our policies and procedures for the shuttle carts to assure that they are not over crowded and that all safety precautions are followed.

We were encouraged that the natural beauty of our area and the friendliness of our team members were more to your liking and that these positive elements met your expectations. We will continue to work on our shortcomings so that your next visit will be more complete with improved levels of quality.

Loy Helmly, General Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We went to the Cave B Inn & Spa for my 40th birthday and were not disappointed. We had a Cavern Room with a breathtaking view of the Columbia River and mountains. As we walked to our room, we wound our way through vineyards with beautiful grapes ready for the picking. The staff was top rate. What ever I needed, I would pick up the phone and I was greeted with a cheery staff member who was polite and happy to help. I even took a painting class and came home with a beautiful painting that hanging on my wall. My only complaint is that the food is very expensive. There are no entree options less than $30 in the dining room for dinner but they did allow us to order the $14 burger in the dining room. Once again, their customer service shined.

It was the perfect get - a - way from Seattle and you feel as if you're a million miles away. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Cavern rooms top floor are GREAT.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Snoqualmie, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Cave B is a 1.5 hour drive from Seattle and the grounds not only smell wonderful but the views are majestic and lodging is excellent with natural architecture to blend in with the astounding surroundings at the same time. The staff is so helpful, the Spa is very good and the wine tasting on grounds is superb. The pool is so pretty in the natural landscape. This is a great place for all ages and desires. Bring an appetite as Chef Bear will delight you with sauces on protiens and fresh organic veggies. There is cool bikes to ride around property and look at the wine grapes. Take advantage of this nearby resort and you will relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Cliff Houses are the best
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Battle Ground, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We were greeted by the finest staff in the industry, Leroy and Jesse greeted us upon arrival and made us feel feel so at home that we stayed longer than we had planed! A long story made short my wife and I had a great time on our annual vacation through Washington's east side this year! We have taken a tour through eastern WA for the last 12 years, sort of a tradition. But this year we made our way to Cave B Winery, as we have wanted to do for a long time. A tremendously fabulous idea... What a pleasant stay. Great food, wine and staff. (9-5 to 9-7, 2011 Shari and Jesse Rossi) Thanks again-

Room Tip: Luxury yerts are gorgeous, but Cavern rooms have an exceptional sunrise. try them both!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
39.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Rama Inn
BEST WESTERN Rama Inn
#1 of 3 in Ephrata
13.9 km away
The Suites at Crescent Bay Resort

Been to Cave B Estate Winery & Resort? Share your experiences!