“Conveniently located”

Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This hotel is adequate for one night if you aren't spending much time in your room. The bed was comfortable and our room location was quiet. Room was in need of remodel and new furniture. Dresser showed a lot of wear. Desk chair nearly fell backwards if you relaxed back in it. Counter tops worn and out of date. Tub needed recaulking, walls need paint. The stairway was dark and I wasnt comfortable using it alone. The staff was courteous and were allowed early check in. Pool area looked nice but we didn't use the pool. Price was reasonable for the Tacoma/Seattle area. Restaurant on sight but we did not eat there.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hallway on an upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Angela M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are in the process of a much needed renovation. I am so sorry the room was not up to better standards, and will work hard to get our furnishings updated. I appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This review is way over due. I love how I'm treated when I come to town, even if I don't give proper notice of my arrival they go above board and make sure I'm comfortable or whomever I'm with as well. From the minute I pull up I'm greeted with smiles and a welcome back. Not only is it comfortable, it's a convenient location with freeways right there and access to food, shopping and whatever you may need. Thanks for everything you do for me and please don't take the Turkey dinner off the menu lol See you in October.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Angela M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your visit, and look forward to your return visit in October No worries, looks like the Turkey is here to stay!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Only stay here whenever I am in the Seattle area. Easy to get around. Awesome staff. Very convenient to mall and airport. I like the way and speed they resolve any issues. The restaurant attached is really pretty good for the price. Have used their conference room for meetings. It's easy to find and parking is pretty abundant.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rolandlt2
Angela M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We pride ourselves on a helpful staff, and convenience. We appreciate your business, and the great rating!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This particular Red Lion has changed hands several times in recent years and each successive owner has failed to upgrade or enhance the facility.

It is very conveniently located at the intersection of two major freeways (I-405 and SR 167).

I would say that it is a bit frayed around the edges.

During the Alaska Cruise season it is very busy with the lobby regularly filled with travelers waiting for buses to take them to or from cruise ships.

Our room was very large and spacious and poorly lit.

I found it quite strange that the thermostat in the room was non-functional. By that I mean you cannot control the temperature in your own room. According to the house engineer who came to fix the thermostat the room temperature is centrally controlled someplace in the hotel. The only problem for us is that a centrally controlled temp of 69.6 degrees is way too cold for us.

Another strange feature was that the phone in the room did not work and apparently was not fixable by the hotel. "The phone company" needs to fix it (along with several other non-functioning phones on our floor). Ended up calling the front desk on my cell.

Note that the lower numbered rooms in the main tower (starting at 01 through probably 09) are over the parking lot. So expect a lot of noise in the night.

Room Tip: Room ending in 01 are very large with a sofa and bar with sink; if you are OK with parking lot noise...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are working on hotel upgrades, which do include many of the room concessions. I am so sorry we did not provide a better experience during your stay, and do appreciate you letting me know.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This hotel charged me $119 for a nasty room. This room included dirty shower's & toilets, beer bottles found between bed sheets & beds, insufficient staff with man power of 1 or 2, luggage carts can barely fit in the small elevator causing traffic, lack of toilet paper replenishment-Night shift supervisor did not care to help find more toilet paper so he gave us tissue so I had to buy toilet paper, towels took 2 days to replenish because of low staff house keeping, and lies told during sale of room to include refrigerator or microwave and a close room to the elevator since my mother is disabled with limited walking so instead, none of these items were present and my mother stayed in the last room of the 3rd floor. Talk about a crappy service!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Angela M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I am so sorry for your experience. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness standards, so I will address this with my housekeeping team immediately, and work hard to correct this. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The airline put me up here for one night due to canceled flight. Arrived 2:00am but the lobby still had a lot of noisy people in it. The shuttle driver John was excellent -- very friendly and informative. He also doubled as a desk clerk for a few minutes and was very efficient. The room was unremarkable, kind of small but comfortable. No fridge. Single serve in-room coffee with only one packet of coffee. Not a very quiet hotel but it was ok for a one night stay and convenient to airport with nice shuttle drivers.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are working on upgrades, and additional amenities to be completed shortly. I am so sorry you had a canceled flight, but glad John was accommodating. I will be sure to let him know your comments. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We took a family vacation up the West Coast from Arizona in order to drop off my husband's truck in Renton to be shipped to Anchorage. After trying to find a room at other hotels close to the shipping company, none were available (which was just as well since the desk clerks were rude, uncaring, and apparently somewhat unknowledgeable of the area). They did refer us to this hotel, however, for which I'm very grateful.. Red Lion seemed to be our last chance to find a place for the night, and we weren't sure at first, due to the seemingly high rate. But, when we found out that, unlike the previous hotels, they offered a shuttle to the airport, we decided it was worth the extra cost.
After meeting with and chatting with Catherine at the front desk, I was impressed how personable, caring, and acccomodating she was. In the midst of the reservation process, she offered me a discount and, even gave us vouchers for breakfast.
Our room was definitely a step up from some of the other places we'd stayed on our trip. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was well-maintained. Sure, there were a little wear and tear spots on the carpet, but nothing major. It was pretty quiet, as well.
My son and husband enjoyed the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. Additionally, we were able to get our laundry done for less than going to a laundromat.
All the staff hotel we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Caroline, in fact, went above an beyond in assisting us in finding us transportation back from the shipping company. Before finding us a taxi service for our ride back, she checked to see if, perhaps, the company was within the shuttle's area of service.
This being our last stop on our journey, it was quite an enjoyable stay. In fact, it was the best night's sleep we had during our trip.
Based on how accomodating, friendly, and caring the staff were and how clean and quiet it was,we would definitely stay here again.
If there is a downside, it's that there's no complimentary breakfast. Then again, this is not unusual for these types of hotels. We were lucky enough to get vouchers for free breakfast. Thus, you might want to ask about the vouchers when you are checking in. Also, if you plan to use the shuttle service, make sure to stop by the front desk to sign up for it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marguerite E
Angela M, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

I am so glad you had a great experience with us! I also am very grateful for you taking the time to write the review. I will pass on the great comments to Catherine, and appreciate you letting us know. We hope you will take the time to pay us a visit in the near future. Thank you so much for your business.