“Skeptical but satisfied.”

Mezzo Thai
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer both modern Asian Fusion and traditional Thai cuisine. We have full licensed bar, extensive cocktails and wine list. We offer fine dinning experience in a spacious, friendly and relaxing atmosphere. At weekends, we have live music provided by local musicians (Classical and modern Jazz) and also a Piano Bar. We accept to-go order to pick up, can provided out-side catering and can also do delivery locally. Our cooking concept is freshly cook gourmet. We uses fresh ingredients and source many of our produce from the local farming communities. We also specializes in healthy dinning options, our dishes are freshly cook-to-order which allow us to cater for specialty diet such as gluten free diet, low-carb diet, certain allergies and no-dded MSG. We are a niche family run small local business and our owner chef has over 35 years experience in the food business and every entree dishes on our menu has been created with her passion and the dedication to her craft.
Reviewed April 9, 2015 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was worried about eating here. We arrived right at 11 am and were the only customers. There was only one person working. The place is extremely small. But they have a nice eating area outside. I ordered the seafood curry. It was very good. It had shrimp, fish, some crab, fish and mussels. The portion was smaller than other places I've tried but I was very impressed with the flavor and the presentation was nice. I'll go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2015

We had a coupon so tried the place, even though my wife isn't fond of Thai/spicy food. The "turn off" was the decor (or lack thereof), and its seating is VERY limited with a bunch of tables for two pushed together in groups. With any kind of crowd, you'll be rubbing elbows (literally) with strangers. (Never mind trying to carry on a private conversation. Its seating is more conducive for a quick lunch place (dare I say "fast food") versus a leisurely dinner (which is what we wanted).

I'm not very familiar with Thai food, but it seemed that the menu offerings were fairly extensive -- even though I didn't have a clue to what a lot of them were. Also, though they may have been reasonable for the type of food being offered, most of the items seemed rather pricey for the extreme lack of "ambience". They have another restaurant in Kennewick, the picture of which that was on the wall looked to be more elegant, with white tablecloths, etc.

My wife had the "Tapas" at $9.00 a plate, but the special was 3 for $19.00 which was more reasonable. The spring rolls were very good, and the "sumai" {pork dumplings} were also good. I had the "Drunken Beef" which the menu said was hot and spicy. Yes, it was quite hot in temperature when served (a nice touch, thank you), but "hot/spicy"?; not even close. I used the spring roll dipping sauce (and ordered another sauce) which then made it quite good -- although a few too many veggies for my taste. It was only $14.95, and with the large bowl of rice, I had plenty to eat with leftovers to take home. (This seemed to be the most reasonably priced "large" meal on the menu.)

To be fair, there were several other items stated to be "hot/spicy", and they very well might be.

There is a deck with outdoor seating that may be pleasant on warm spring/summer days/nights. Bad: it's overlooking the parking lot; Good: a view of the park next to the river. Don't have a clue on the reviewer who mentioned a piano?? There certainly wasn't one here, much less room for one. Perhaps the reviewer mistook this property for the one in nearby Kennewick?

Service was VERY good, though. I was disappointed in that they didn't have any of the Thai beers that were advertised on their daily menu board -- a little tacky, in my opinion..."don't advertise it if it's not for sale". I can get a Budweiser anywhere.

Would I go back again to this place? Maybe. I'd probably try their other property first, though, to see if that's a bit more upscale to line up with their menu/prices a little better. (A quick lunch here might be more in it's "wheelhouse".)

Reviewed December 10, 2014

We went with friends for dessert after dinner.m it was delicious! We had the coconut cake. The service was amazing. They have a piano and normally have someone playing it. But one of the diners entertained us by playing.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

We tried the restaurant based on a radio ad. The atmosphere was nice, but service was a bit slow. The food was served nice and hot, but it was way too salty and I kept running out of water. I am usually drawn to salty food, but this was way too much. I was a bit disappointed about the serving size for the price of the meal. Definitely no left overs!

Reviewed September 27, 2014

The first thing I order when I go to a new Thai place is their Phad Thai because if they can't get that dish right I'm not interested in the other ones. This place had some okay Phad but I expect more and if I can make better at home you are not worth my time/money. That is all.