All reviewsbring your own shampoodrive thrupool areaseatac airportmotel6hairdryer
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed for two weeks while visiting Seattle. We figured Motel 6 a bit out of town would be the economical way to go and we could spend money elsewhere throughout the city. Our clothes were stolen out of our room and we were told by corporate that they were not liable for anything that went missing from the room. The sink wouldn't drain (even after we placed a maintenance order), there was a weird knock on the door in the middle of the night, there was a faulty spot in the floor (2nd story, so scary), we had to make the trek to the office every night because without fail the keys got deactivated everyday, the bed sheet refused to stay on the bed because it was too small, it was right next to the busy I-5, and overall just a terrible stay and terrible experience. Spend $15-$20 and find other accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ltadlock07
Reviewed May 15, 2011

One would think that a Motel 6 near the airport would be for guests who have missed a flight or are connecting somehow. This did not appear to be the case. All night long there were people coming and going. The couple next to us were fighting and screaming at each other (which I suppose could have been a traveling couple). The most annoying was someone with a loud muffler on his truck and he would just sit in the parking lot and rev his engine over and over and then he'd tear out of the lot. About 1/2 hour later he'd tear back into the parking lot and rev his engine some more, go back inside and the the whole process would repeat itself over and over till about 6am when it finally stopped.

The front wall (with the window and door) of the room felt like it was being held on with masking tape because we could hear everything that was going on outside. Every drunk person throwing up, every drunk couple stumbling up the stairs, everything!

The rooms themselves were standard Motel 6 fare (retro blue/yellow/red bedspread) and an old TV. We tried to plug in our cell phones and lap top in the only outlet in the bedroom area and the wall plate fell off the wall with plaster crumbling to the floor.

The only time I would recommend this place is for an emergency situation and you have nowhere else to go or you are on such a tight budget that the things I mentioned above don't really matter to you.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs! I wish I would have!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aaron C
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Rooms were clean, staff were always helpful - and useful while they were at it.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank frey079
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed here once about a decade ago and was pretty impressed back then. It’s not quite as good as it used to be but still probably the best budget place to stay near Seattle.

The biggest shortcomings would be the limited number of towels and pillows provided and the ancient TV. The big plus other than price is the epic water pressure in the shower. Location is just a few exits from Seattle, which works well if you’re driving but if you don’t have a car don’t even bother considering this location. There’s nothing really in the area and it’s not the easiest place to find but if you’re just passing through on a road trip or just don’t want to pay hotel prices in Seattle this is a pretty good place. I’ll probably return if I’m in the area and looking to save a bit of money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cow_manx
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I don't think I could even attempt to explain the madness I've experienced in my 4 night stay at this Motel 6, but I would advise everyone to avoid this hotel.

My husband and I have just gotten out of the Air Force and have traveled across the country to relocate to Seattle. We picked this Motel 6 because they allow pets and it's affordable. During the reservation and at check in I let the staff know I have a cat.

When we walked into the room we were happy to see that it seemed clean and like a good place to stay while apartment hunting. The insanity started on the 1st morning. We received a phone call telling us that we had to move to a different room. When my husband went into the office for an explanation and new keys, the manger complained to my husband that she would have to "hire a carpet cleaner" because we had been placed in a room that was not "safe for guests." She said this with such terrible attitude that my husband had to remind her that we did not place ourselves in the room, her staff did. We were then placed in a substandard room next to the freeway, with a door that had no weather stripping. So we heard the traffic all night. We asked the staff for a new room. The polite evening staff moved us into a nice room. By this time we had already secured an apartment and decided to stay for a week in this hotel while waiting for the movers to deliver our household goods. The second night we were treated to an all night screaming fight by our neighbors. The COPS came by multiple times yet the screaming did not stop until 3 in the morning.

Then, the next morning the real insanity began. My husband called the front desk to let them know we wouldn't need housekeeping for the day (Motel 6 does not use Do Not Disturb signs). We were told that we were REQUIRED to have housekeeping. I immediately called the front desk back and told them that I was not to be disturbed. At this point the clerk tells me he has realized that because we have pre-paid for a week we don't have to have housekeeping. He then proceeds to tell me that there was a problem with my cat because in the past they had an incident with a "cat dying and stinking up the room." I just laughed at him because I felt like I was talking to a lunatic. I told him at this point that we would be leaving the next morning and they would be refunding our pre-paid week. His response was "you don't have to stay." He did not understand or care that he was harassing clean, responsible customers and driving them out.

More crazy things were said during my conversation with the front desk. I was lead to believe that the housekeepers came into our room even though we asked them not to- yet they did not clean. Incidentally, after my conversation with the front desk our keys suddenly stopped working in the door. My husband and I put all of our valuables into the car for fear that when we returned for our last evening we would be purposely locked out or robbed.

Understand that my husband and I are normal, good, friendly guests. We have spent the past 11 days traveling across the county and have had nothing but good experiences at other hotels. What happened here was inexplicable. I don't understand how a hotel could manage to harass their customers, but this one did.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple