“Thievery!”

Motel 6 Seattle South
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed two days. Returned after business day 1. All my stuff is crammed into my suitcase. Well, not all: my computer charger is gone. Luckily I did not leave my laptop in the room. Desk clerk was totally unhelpful. STAY AWAY.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We flew in on a late flight and were just looking for an affordable place to stay. I booked the room a week in advance but when we showed up at 2am we were told that we didn't have a room available. The person working the front desk made the comment that this happens all the time - she has to tell travels that the company overbooked and there isn't a room available. She actually said that it was her last night and she couldn't handle turning people away.
She was great because she went and cleaned a room while we waited. It sucked to wait 30 minutes (at 2am) but it was great that she took the steps to get us a place to sleep.

Bottom line, she was great but the hotel wasn't - I would be very cautious about booking here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Seattle South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi Jerry. We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, though it sounds like your stay might not have been as comfortable as you anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I gave this Motel6 on Military Rd five stars for what it is....a cheap hotel in Seatac. We stayed one night in room 246 with 2 queen beds on 8/9/17. It faced the courtyard and was quiet. Others, on the back of the building, face the freeway and may not be as quiet... Everything was clean & worked fine. Grounds were clean, pool was clean, hot tub was closed due to too much chlorine...bummer! Bring your own shampoo & hairdryer. Motel is next to a convenience store/gas station with a Subway attached. There is also a large 24/7 espresso stand next door.
Would stay again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Browneyedone
Reviewed 2 August 2017

ok stay for what you pay although I booked in advance and paid 175 each night and then there is a sign on the door saying they charge 120 per night I am disappointed to be over charged that much. watched a drug deal right outside my hotel room so not the best of areas. close to the airport but far from any tourist areas about 30min away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Seattle South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Cassandra, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stayed here one night last month. My usual hotel near the airport had jacked up the price threefold for the summer. This Motel 6 wasn't horrible but there wasn't anything special about it. It is about a mile or two from the airport and the light rail. I took an Uber for a few dollars. My room was ok. It was in the main building just down the hall from the reception. The shower was hot and there weren't any bedbugs. The TV had a good mix of channels and the AC worked. This room had a queen bed and no frills. The shower was a little small for me but again I was only here for the day.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We are very disappointed with Motel 6! We booked one night at their location at 20651 Military Road; we received a confirmation number. We arrived on June 21st at around 10:00 pm and were told that they had no room for us due to 20 rooms not being cleaned because housekeeping had not shown up that day. We offered to clean a room so we'd have a place to spend the night but were told that's not allowed. When we asked what we were supposed to do the young woman at the front desk just shrugged. We then asked to speak to a manager and were told they were unavailable.

It would have been nice if someone had emailed or called us to let us know our reservation was not being honored. We have a dog and it's not easy to find a place that accepts pets. We did end up at another Motel 6 a few miles away but ended up paying more money. It's unlikely that we'll take another chance on Motel 6; it was very upsetting after a long day of travel to arrive and find out that confirmations/reservations mean nothing to Motel 6.

I have contacted their customer service via email and have yet to receive a reply. Very disappointed in this hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marika322017

Dear Marika, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We get to this property after a Mariners game and the front desk lady was less than friendly. Then we get to our room and it is soaked in cigarette smoke when I specifically asked for a non smoking room, but we couldn't switch rooms because they were "sold out" we had our one year old daughter with us and it was hard to manage. Then, they only gave us 1 towel and wouldn't give us more. The toilet seat was chipped on almost the whole seat and the tub was disgusting. The bed was incredibly hard and when I got under the blanket I started itching immediately. I will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lindsey, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.