“Don't!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
Kennewick, WA
“Don't!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

The exterior is seedy, the rooms small and gloomy, the pool unheated, the pillows flat, the decor old, the soundproofing between rooms is non existent, the hotel staff is indifferent, and the price for all this is too much. Ugh!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Kennewickcutie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Byron Center, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were wary of the Sequim Inn after reading reviews, but couldn't resist the great pre-summer rate they gave us since we booked way back in early spring. However, we were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The room was very clean, smelled fine, the AC unit worked great, it was quiet at night and had a very nice continental breakfast. Some people expect a feast, but seriously folks, it is FREE, so don't get so picky. They have fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, fresh bread, english muffins, and a waffle maker to make waffles and of course, coffee, tea and three choices of juices. There are two floors, so you do have to walk up stairs to the second floor, but it isn't a big deal and the hallways are enclosed, not outside ones so that is nice. We sat in the hot tub a couple nights and it was fine too. There was also free wireless internet that worked great. This place isn't fancy, but it was clean and quiet and a great deal, so I would recommend it and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sjwinkle
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2009

Stayed here for several nights and found it minimally acceptable. There is no elevator so if you stay on the nonsmoking second floor be prepared for a long trek up stairs and down a lengthy enclosed corridor off of which all rooms are located. The room seems to be in need of updating even though it is not that old...it just has not withstood the wear and tear of normal usage. Bedspread was dirty and blanket had holes thoughout, likely the result of cigarette damage in the pre-nonsmoking era. There is a pool I didn't use which is indoors. Continental breakfast is included and served in the lobby but the area is crowded and choices are limited. I finally went out to breakfast instead. The parking lot is well lighted but a bit of a walk for those not so inclined and it is uphill to the lobby. This would not be on my list for return visits. Price seems high for what is provided.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SoundviewWest

Travellers are raving about these Sequim hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

This is a good hotel if you have lots of kids and want the free breakfast. Our room was very dated, not very clean, we found two black ants, internet didn't work, bedding was stained and the blanket had lots of holes. Everything appeared old, mildewed and dirty. Even though it was non-smoking the room had a strong odor. The refrigerator and microwave were on the floor. We wanted to use the hot tub/pool, but there were too many kids to get close to either. Other than going to the 3 Crabs restaurant, we wished we had stayed in Port Townsend instead. In the morning, there were so many kids, it was impossible to find a place to sit. Good place to stay if you have kids that need to burn off energy and you want to save on breakfasts. Not a good place for couples.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chriskaia
Pacific N.W.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

Stayed here on Feb. 14. 2009. As a hotel it was OK. Didn't use the pool or any amenities, just spent the night. Upon entering we noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. As we walked down the first floor hall to go to our room on the second floor we saw a number of rooms designated for smokers. You could still smell the smoke IN our second floor room and had we not been with two other couples I would have considered looking elsewhere. It was enough to make you think of everything you hear about second hand smoke. If you are a smoker consider this a good place to stay if not, do look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MGB-Road-Trippn
Tacoma, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

We stayed here on a Sunday night prior to catching the next morning's ferry to Victoria BC. I booked this only a few days prior to our stay through Expedia. I got a confirmation email and then a reminder email from Expedia the day before our stay. However, when we arrived at the hotel Sunday evening for the start of our 8-day road trip with loaded SUV and two kids in the car, we discovered that they had no record of our reservation. The two men at the front desk reassured me that we would get a room before I got too agitated so I appreciated that, and they delivered. (But they could not explain the snafu with Expedia.) They also got us a rollaway bed which turned out to be fairly comfortable, and didn't charge us extra for it.

The room itself was basic but clean, and the beds were comfortable. The small bathroom could have been cleaned better (hairs on the floor and in tub) and an awful smell came out when we opened the fridge which was uplugged (someone may have stored fish in it at one point?). Aside from our kids, the hotel was quiet. Our kids loved the indoor pool which was "refreshing" (OK, a bit cold) but the hot tub was murky and I didn't feel comfortable going in. In the morning, the shower provided strong pressure and consistently warm water. We rushed out without taking advantage of the free breakfast but it appeared basic.

It was overpriced for what it was, but it was August and the other comparable hotels with vacancies were charging even more. It did the trick for what we needed - a place to sleep for the night - but nothing more.

• Liked — Indoor pool
  • Disliked — Reservation experience, bathroom cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Hambug
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

This hotel is also known as the Sequim Inn. It is located off of the first exit in Sequim, and while Sequim isn't particularly large, it is in the old section of town. Traveling further down the freeway towards Port Angeles brings you to the newer, modern side of town.

I booked our two night stay via their website. After booking, I did not receive an email confirmation, so I called the hotel to confirm my reservation. The person who answered the phone did not know how to operate their computer to check reservations, so I had to wait to get a call back from their manager. The manager did call and confirm my reservation, and while I was on the phone, I stated that I wanted a non-smoking room. The manager took note of my request.

When we arrived, after a 4 hour flight and a 3 hour drive, we were horrified to discover we had a smoking room, that absolutely REEKED of smoke! I went to the front desk and asked that they change our room assignment. However, the person manning the front desk did not how to make changes in their system for online reservations. Therefore, we were stuck in our aweful smelling room for the two night stay. To make matters worse, the manager spoke with us and said he would offer us a discount, but when I received my credit card statement, I was charged the full amount.

Our two night stay was almost $300. This hotel offered poor food as breakfast, the coffee packet for our in-room coffee maker had obviously been there a long time because it was covered with soot and dust, and they ran out of coffee in the lobby. The room's only saving grace was that it did come with a refrigerator and microwave.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you are unable to stay anywhere else.

• Liked — It did not require a 4 night stay.
  • Disliked — Unable to provide us with the room we asked for. Expensive.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Raivyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
3.9 km away
3.0 km away
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim

Been to Days Inn and Suites Sequim? Share your experiences!