Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
US$50
US$155
Olympic Lodge(Port Angeles)
US$160
All reviewsrooftop gardenthe black bear dinerpancake machinecinnamon rollsport angelesrestaurant next doornice hotelparking lotoriginal reservationindoor poolfree breakfastolympic peninsulaworkout roombiscuits gravybetter than averagefront desk staffshort drive
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Went to the pennisula for a relaxing weekend and stayed here. Staff was very professional. Property was very clean, well kept and easy to get to. I particularly enjoyed the pool and spa. The only downside for me were that the beds were too soft and I prefer a more supportive bed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We reserved one room for a Saturday night one week in advance. That Tuesday we decided to make if the for following weekend instead. So, my wife clicked the link on the email confirmation that we received that said "modify registration" and changed the reservation for the following Saturday. We received another confirmation for this date. We showed up on that day while I was unpacking the car my wife went in to the office to check-in. The manager came out once the clerk recognized our name an preceded to berate my wife for not showing up the previous week. Turns out that instead of modifying the original reservation when my wife clicked on "Modify reservation" it actually created two reservation for the previous Saturday. And, a reservation for the next Saturday. The combination of two unexpected charges had also maxed out my credit card, so the manager was mad that she could not charge us for the third room she thought we owed her. She said that they had no more rooms available. My wife came out in tears. After driving around town for 30 minutes we decided to call the holiday inn express and ask if they had a room they said yes on the phone. I had no idea at that point that we had already been charged for two rooms the previous Saturday, so we decided to stay at a different hotel. After the vacation, I placed a call to the manager and asked for a refund. But, she refused. I tried to explain the circumstances but she refused to listen. I made an online complaint to Holiday Inn but they only referred me to the manager. I have never seen such a display of unbelievable arrogance, stupidity, and mismanagement. The complete opposite of good customer service. Watch your wallet if you decide to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Dordogne_69
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This nearly new hotel has been our favorite place to stay in the Sequim - Port Angeles area, if only because its competition is shabby and/or overpriced. In general, it's a standard Holiday Inn Express, with the expected attention to customer service and amenities. They offer above average breakfast choices, and the staff members are friendly and helpful.
But...on this stay, we discovered a mold buildup (both black and pink) around the window of our east facing room. This is not only unattractive, but could present a health hazard to some guests. Winter seems like a good time to attend to these cleanup/maintenance chores, when many of the rooms are empty.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bksgrrrl
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This location is convenient for getting to Victoria via the Port Angeles Ferry, and probably the nicest hotel in Sequim. The rooms are always clean and the staff VERY friendly and helpful. We usually get the family suite so the kids have a bit of room but this last time were put in a disabled suite that was not so comfortable. I should have asked for a different room but it was late in the day. The beds are starting to show some wear too, usually HIE properties have excellent mattresses. I would stay again but will probably try another property in Sequim or Port Angeles next time as the "Priority Club" scheme is a joke compared to most other hotel rewards programmes.

Room Tip: A nice touch is they open the breakfast bar a little early for those catching the ferry. Skip the disabled suites if you can, they aren't as nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hellolenin
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My family of 4 stayed at the hotel for a weekend getaway. We were taking some R&R, after being faced with a traumatic event, the week before. We were looking forward to the kids being able to relax, get some much needed rest. Our experience exceeded our expecations! All staff we encountered were very congenial. The "featured suite" we stayed in, was spacious and looked great. My children are very light sleepers, who most always have issues with noise in hotels. Not the case at all here! Upon unfolding the sleeper sofa, I noticed the bed linens had sand in them. After phoning the front desk, a desk clerk arrived at our door immediately. She appolagized profusely, made up the bed with fresh sheets, and presented us with a goodie bag filled with candy, popcorn and complimentary priority club points. Great! We loved the pool area (especially our 4 yr old son). We were very happy to have a good, hot breakfast every morning. The staff went out of their way to be warm and friendly to our children. Thanks for providing us with a great place to rest for the weekend!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank maizey05
Emily H, Front desk agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

First of all, I send my condolences. Second, thank you for choosing our hotel for your getaway needs. Our staff goes out of their way to make sure every guest has a great experience, and this is no exception. We are glad that we were able to resolve your issue immediately and get you taken care of so you could have a worry free weekend.

No matter what time of year it is, the pool is always a huge hit with the kids! We are glad your son enjoyed himself.

We sincerely hope the next time you choose to get away you will consider us again. Take care.