“Always pleasant”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have been staying here in Sequim since it was built. I've always had a good time, clean rooms, kind staff and very helpful. The location is nice because it's a little out of the downtown. You would think the rooms are noisier on the Hwy 101 side but I seem to hear more traffic on the other side, the road is closer. Good all around stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the highway side...trust me
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Not pet friendly which was a bummer but the room was decent, pretty clean. Good size bathroom. Good service. Has a full breakfast but I found the food to be gross for the most part . Very nice workout room and pool. Right across the street from the Discovery Trail for a nice walk. Has laundry room. Offered a military discount

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Breeandfree
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed there this past weekend and loved it! The hotel is clean, comfortable and FUN. And the morning breakfast is outstanding!

The best part is the hotel is about a half mile out of town, looking over green fields. And they have a rooftop patio which is great for relaxing, reading or even a round or two of cards.

The indoor pool and hot tub is also well maintained and large enough to actually enjoy, vs most which are the size of a postage stamp. In short, don't look any further, as this beats anything else in Seqium or Port Angeles, by FAR!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor facing away from highway 101.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We arrived on a very busy weekend, after checking out the ( Sequim Bay Lodge where we had reservations. We would not stay there, as it was unaceptable). The Holiday had two rooms left as it was a very busy weekend, We had a very pleasant stay, a very nice hotel, staff was excellent and very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Went to the pennisula for a relaxing weekend and stayed here. Staff was very professional. Property was very clean, well kept and easy to get to. I particularly enjoyed the pool and spa. The only downside for me were that the beds were too soft and I prefer a more supportive bed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We reserved one room for a Saturday night one week in advance. That Tuesday we decided to make if the for following weekend instead. So, my wife clicked the link on the email confirmation that we received that said "modify registration" and changed the reservation for the following Saturday. We received another confirmation for this date. We showed up on that day while I was unpacking the car my wife went in to the office to check-in. The manager came out once the clerk recognized our name an preceded to berate my wife for not showing up the previous week. Turns out that instead of modifying the original reservation when my wife clicked on "Modify reservation" it actually created two reservation for the previous Saturday. And, a reservation for the next Saturday. The combination of two unexpected charges had also maxed out my credit card, so the manager was mad that she could not charge us for the third room she thought we owed her. She said that they had no more rooms available. My wife came out in tears. After driving around town for 30 minutes we decided to call the holiday inn express and ask if they had a room they said yes on the phone. I had no idea at that point that we had already been charged for two rooms the previous Saturday, so we decided to stay at a different hotel. After the vacation, I placed a call to the manager and asked for a refund. But, she refused. I tried to explain the circumstances but she refused to listen. I made an online complaint to Holiday Inn but they only referred me to the manager. I have never seen such a display of unbelievable arrogance, stupidity, and mismanagement. The complete opposite of good customer service. Watch your wallet if you decide to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Dordogne_69
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This nearly new hotel has been our favorite place to stay in the Sequim - Port Angeles area, if only because its competition is shabby and/or overpriced. In general, it's a standard Holiday Inn Express, with the expected attention to customer service and amenities. They offer above average breakfast choices, and the staff members are friendly and helpful.
But...on this stay, we discovered a mold buildup (both black and pink) around the window of our east facing room. This is not only unattractive, but could present a health hazard to some guests. Winter seems like a good time to attend to these cleanup/maintenance chores, when many of the rooms are empty.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bksgrrrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
24.4 km away
Econo Lodge Sequim
#6 of 9 in Sequim
11 km away
Juan de Fuca Cottages

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!