“Dog friendly...good price.”

Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
“Dog friendly...good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our dogs are probably less obnoxious than the previous reviewers small children so don't let dogs scare you away. We had done a lot of driving and were grateful to be greeted by such a friendly face at the front desk. Our room is adequate...disappointed we are on the ground floor because we have no view and someone keeps slamming the outer door that is feet away. But....the room is clean, the pet area is quite nice, and lots of pillows will hopefully offset the hard beds. Plus...we are paying less than any of the other reviewers have quoted and less than we were quoted when we originally called after having been referred by the HInnXpress.

4 Thank Dogs2Go

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Beds are so hard but I guess that's the way of a hotel....the breakfast was ok but my biggest complaint is my room is infested with ants. I have two small children with me and one that can only crawl. It's repulsive. I'm simply waiting for the pool to open at the ridiculous late hour of 9 (and if you have small kids.....likely the only people using the pool, you know that they are up at the crack of dawn wanting to swim) to swim with my choldren as i promised, and then I'm running for the hills. They allow pets, the place is over run with dogs. I've seen at least 2 every time we've entered or exited. Ants + dogs(my room smells lime animals) = Gross gross gross! Oh and lest I fail to mention, I paid ~100 on a weeknight here....in sequim....ummmm, yea right! I stayed and paid a premium for the pool and what I expected to be an exemplary experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I travel to Sequim frequently and on most trips I bring my dog along. The general area has few hotels much less a newer hotel that will accept pets. On my first stay at the Quality Inn, there was a mix up regarding my room. When I brought this to the attention to the front desk, the gentleman was very helpful, reducing the rate of my room for the inconvenience. Since then, I have returned twice, both times the same gentleman remembered me and apologized each time. It is nice to know that you are NOT just another traveler!
The hotel is very pet friendly, pet rooms are on the first floor, with easy access to the outside where there is a grass area (well kept) to take your pet outside. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The bed is reasonably comfortable with plenty of pillows. The suites ave a sitting area with a couch, table with chairs, microwave and fridge.
The breakfast is standard fair but a welcome site in the morning. They attendant is always checking to make sure everything is stocked and clean.
If you are traveling through the area, this hotel is one of the nicer hotels, excellent customer service, close to shopping and dining. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, definitely take a look at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Solo67_4
Florence, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The beds are hard as a rock, room are clausterphobic, found pubes in the shower, crummy breakfast. Wouldnt recommend. The nearby Holiday Inn is much better.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here while entertaining family that lives close by. The pool was a bonus as we could have the small kids go swimming. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The manager at the desk also upgraded us to a Suite based on my member status.
This is a perfect place for a night or two and the rate is reasonable and well worth the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Traveler98112
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was in town for a funeral. They set me up in a very comfortable room. The breakfast that they offer is easy to get in and out, fresh and tasty. The entire hotel is one of the cleanest I've seen in a very long time. Thank you!

2 Thank Schpinne
Redmond, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is an excellent place to stay overnight, though $200/night (after taxes) that we had to pay to stay here is a bit shocking. Don't take me wrong, this is a very nice & new, basic clean hotel. It's just not worth that much money. Unfortunately, Sequim is a popular little town, so it's hard to find something cheap around here. All in all, if I had to stay here again, I'd probably pick Quality Inn and Suites regardless of the shocking price.

There was plenty of free parking available in the hotel's parking lot.

The only slightly unpleasant part of the stay was that we couldn't check in as soon as we got there. To be fair, we got there around 9am, and the check-in time isn't around 3pm or something like that. When we walked in into the lobby, we say a couple of families sleeping right there, waiting for their room. I walked up to the front desk, and a rather unpleasant woman informed me that they were fully booked and our room wasn't available yet because check-in time is at 3pm. They she decided to give me a favor by telling me that she could take my phone and call me when our room was ready. I didn't like a whole lot how this was starting.

However, a few minutes later a pleasant young lady replaced the grumpy woman and explained that the grumpy woman was the head housekeeper (or something like that). I guess it explains the grumpiness to a degree. We left the hotel to go to the visitor's center for some info, and got a call from the hotel just 20 minutes later that our room was ready for us. That was a nice surprise, at least that kept our number and did indeed call us.

After that the remainder of the stay was pleasant. The room was nice and clean, well-maintained, pretty new looking. The provided free continental breakfast was absolutely excellent. Lots of hot items, like sausage, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, etc. Their coffee was available all day, and it was some of the best tasting coffee I ever drank anywhere. I even wanted to ask them what coffee they were using, but unfortunately forgot. I probably went back 10 times in one day to get another cup, it was that good.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I wish the place was cheaper, but it was really good so we would probably stay here again if we visit Sequim again and want to stay overnight.

Room Tip: I don't really think there are bad rooms in that place.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alexgav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
4.7 km away
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim
8.5 km away
Juan de Fuca Cottages

Been to Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park? Share your experiences!