“Great spot for special events!”
Review of Old Mill Cafe

Old Mill Cafe
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Sequim
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Unique, historic ambience, with beautiful crafted woodwork and stained glass go a long way to making this a great place for special occasions! My husband Carl and I enjoyed a wonderful anniversary dinner there and everything was perfect. I'm a seafood nut, and the jumbo tiger prawns were incredible, just the way I like them. Would highly recommend the Old Mill Cafe if you want a dining experience like no other!

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Old Mill Cafe. I wanted rate this 5 stars, but initially the service was poor. They were slow to greet us at the door even though there were at least three servers visible. After we were seated only one coffee was poured even though we both wanted coffee. We were assured that the server would be right back with the 2nd coffee. Not! She never returned and when we looked around to see what happened to her we noticed that she was busy serving other tables and clearing tables. Very poor form.

We waited another 10 minutes before a different server arrived to take our order. I had to order coffee again. At this point with the new server things improved. At least until the first server mysteriously reappeared and started setting the table for the next guests; we had just started to eat and were still seated at the table! Again, very poor form!

By the end of our breakfast the service had improved, but they lost a star for the poor initial service (and strange interruption to set an already occupied table). Food was very tasty so no complaints there.

We will try the Old Mill Cafe the next time we pass through Sequim, hopefully the service will be 5 star by then. Suggestion to management: perhaps some remedial server etiquette training is required.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Delicious and food from simple burgers (outstanding) to prime rib (delicious)
Full bar, also delightful for kids

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

We loved the charm and decor of Old Mill Cafe not to mention our lunch was fantastic. They have many old artifacts in there and it is fun to sit and look at them. The quality of the food was hearty and the sandwiches were very fresh and tasty.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I've always loved this place, but it has changed. For the worst ---- much much worst. Most recently husband and I went for breakfast on a Saturday morning. No wait for a table ... hmmmm. That never happened before. As usual, the Coke machine is malfunctioning -- only restaurant I have ever known that can't get a proper Coke to the customer, but I am used to that here and long-since learned to bring in my own can. I ordered what I always order, the chicken-fried steak and eggs. Husband ordered what he always orders, one of the scrambles. This time with kielbasa as the chief ingredient. Both were TERRIBLE! Say what? There were two -- count 'em, two -- tiny pieces of kielbasa in his scramble. The chicken-fried steak was a lump of gristle under a tiny amount of library paste. The eggs were runny. And the biscuits had the texture of store-bought white sandwich bread! We left 90% of both breakfasts on the plate and beat feet away, wondering what the heck has happened! We used to bounce between this place and the Oak Table knowing always that in Sequim you can get at least a darn good breakfast. Clearly something bad has happened here and I hope they can turn it around before the whole enterprise just crumbles.

1  Thank ccmccall