“Fun, Interesting Place”

Red Crane Steak & Sushi Cafe
Ranked #46 of 94 Restaurants in Shoreline
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We like their food, especially the Bento Box. We go early so the place is pretty cold and quiet but I can imagine it gets going later on.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Last week one of my friends and I were having a girl's night out and we decided to go to the Red Crane for dinner and to enjoy the Blues Bash that was going on... a little dinner, a little dancing... sounds fun, right? We had been there once before for cocktails and dancing but this time we were ready to enjoy the full experience they had to offer.

The Red Crane Steak & Sushi Cafe is located above Hollywood Casino, you can take the elevator or the stairs and avoid the Casino altogether because it is located upstairs. You cannot hear the people, machines or noises from below as opposed to most Casino restaurants where you have to maneuver your way through the crowds to get to the restaurant and then it still feels like you are in a casino. This place feels like it's own venue. The decor is cute with signed autographs and movie posters covering the walls, a stage for the bands that come in, the expected tables and chairs you'd expect at any restaurant, a full bar, a large, private room that can be opened up to the main floor to accommadate more people, and lovely lounging couches along the walls with coffee tables for food, drinks, etc. We prefer the couches. They no longer reserve seating on blues night but I think they do for other nights of the week. And on blues night, the place is packed to capacity (table wise), and many people love to dance on the dance floor.

I have a rather sensitive palate, I find things spicy most people won't even blink at. I explained this to the waitress and asked for her recommendation. She told me the Kobi Steak had more of a sweet sauce than a spicy one. I asked her if it was possible to taste the sauce before ordering. She brought me a little plastic cup of it (more than I needed for a taste) and I gave it a go. It was definately delicious and if I could handle a little kick at the back-end I would have ordered it. My girlfriend tried the sauce too and ended up ordering that steak. I played it safe with the tempura dipped cod with chips.... the cod was fresh not frozen (I asked) and local (I asked). I am not usually a fish person and I never eat sushi so this seemed my safest bet on the menu. And I got to tell you, it was delicious. The fish was extremely moist and delicious, practically falling apart in my hands. The tempura batter was sweet, crispy & golden, absolutely fried to perfection. My girlfriend "loved, loved, loved" her Kobi steak. Her dish was beautiful and we both commented that we should have brought our camera phones so we could take photos of our meals for reviewing. Anyways, after dinner we ordered two AMAZING tiramisu desserts and it was heaven on our tongues. It really was the best tiramisu I've had outside of Italy. I would go again just for the tiramisu!!

And then it was time for cocktails, music and dancing... I was looking at the drink menu for what I had ordered before because it was mouth-wateringly delicious.... I mean, a total orgasm in a martini glass. I thought for sure that I would recognize it on the menu as I did not remember what it was, but none of the descriptions popped out at me. So I walked over to the bar and explained to the bartender that I had been there just a month earlier and had this fabulous cocktail... unfortunately the bartender was new but she did know who to ask... Tami, an adorable Asian waitress with long blonde braids. Tami asked me, "is it creamy?" and I said I thought so. I knew it was fruity. She told the bartender what I wanted then came to me and told me what I wanted was the Orange Dreamsicle Martini. One question and she knew the answer! She was very sweet and helpful and even triple checked if it was the right drink and was I enjoying it. And YES, YES, I was.

We had a great night and an amazing meal with incredible food, drinks and music. I gave this restaurant 4 out of 5 simply because I have no idea about the sushi portion of the menu and cannot comment upon it.

1  Thank Misslissas