“Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The grilled chicken avocado burger was delicious! Service was good and the facility is clean. I will be returning.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Friendly staff and great view. The burger I had was yummy and huge! The only issue was that my fries came warm, not hot, so I asked for new ones. They did not arrive until after my burger was completely gone. Not the best experience but we will try again some other time.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Staff is friendly and price is okay for what you get. I got a hot turkey melt sandwich and amazing tater tots. The menu looks pretty extensive. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

First off, I want to thank Hop Jack's management and employees for helping to make our fundraiser for the Kitsap Humane Society (where I'm a long time volunteer) a big success. For all those who showed proof of their support for the shelter, the restaurant donated 20% of all proceeds and I'm told we raised over $1000! Excellent!

My wife and I first had drinks, which were pretty darn good; a margarita ($8.75) for my wife and a bloody Mary ($8.50) for me. Then I had a patty melt ($12.95) and wife had the spicy shrimp po boy ($13.95). My patty melt was pretty good...almost as tasty as the ones at Noah's Ark in downtown Bremerton. But I really prefer the customary buttered and grilled rye rather than the thick sliced multigrain bread that Hop Jack's uses. Then it's the burger and swiss cheese filling. My wife's po boy was nearly impossible to eat with anything other than a knife and fork. The plentiful spicy deep fried shrimp were really very flavorful and tender and the Cajun sauce was tasty and unique, but mounting them on a completely split thick ciabatta roll with leaf lettuce is a huge mistake. You can't fit it in your mouth and when you try, everything slides out of the bread. In Nawlins i.e. New Orleans, you'd get the shrimp, sauce and SHREDDED lettuce on a not completely split normal-sized French roll, so everything stays put...or relatively so anyway.

The service was excellent thanks to Jolynn, though she's almost too upbeat for me. And as I said in a previous review of Hop Jack's, there is zero ambiance here. It's kind of a modified version of Red Robin, but not that obnoxious (Happy, Happy Birthday etc.). Because it's so acoustically poor with hard walls and floors, hard ceiling and weird configuration, it's not at all easy to have a conversation. Unfortunately, this seems to be the direction most restaurants have taken. A quiet night out for dinner is hard to find anymore. Our total bill was $48 before tip. By the way, I believe breakfast is served only on Sat. & Sun. and in very short hours.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The breakfast entrée selection is great. My husband and I go there quite often and our meal is always prepared the way we requested, Karin the bar tender is usually our waitress and she makes a very good Bloody Mary! I have eaten lunch there few times, and the meal was always excellent.