“Don't Stay on the Lower Level”

Oxford Suites Silverdale
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
Seattle, Washington
“Don't Stay on the Lower Level”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

We stayed at the brand new property on October 13, 2007.

This hotel, with beautifully appointed rooms, may eventually be the best mid-range hotel in Kitsap County. However, at the present time it is being amateurishly managed.

I booked a "view" room with two beds. After receiving booking confirmation via e-mail, I wrote the general manager requesting a room with balcony and informing her that we would arrive late because we were attending an engagement party in a nearby town.

We arrived at about 11:00 p.m. and were given a huge room on the lower level with two very comfortable beds and everything else we could hope for except black-out curtains, a view, and a balcony.

We were tired, so we shrugged and tucked in, but not for long. At 4:45 a.m. we were awakened by the sound of footsteps clacking above us. I called the desk to report that we had been awakened by loud footsteps. The young lady who answered the phone told me that our room was located under the breakfast room and that she would tell the staff to walk more quietly.

Now, wide awake, we decided that if we were able to get back to sleep, we would soon be awakened again when hotel guests arrive for breakfast.

We checked out of the hotel shortly after 5:00 a.m. The young lady on the desk was very apologetic. She took my phone number and told me the general manager (to whom I had written an e-mail) would call me.

By noon the following Monday I had not received a telephone call from the general manager, so I called and left a message in her voice mail. One week later I have not received a reply.

We have been staying at Oxford Suites in Yakima for fifteen years or more, and we hope that before long Oxford Suites in Silverdale will be a place we look forward to staying in Kitsap County.

Stayed October 2007
4 Thank wonderfulworld

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
0.2 km away
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
10.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
8.4 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
13.3 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
9.2 km away
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
10.7 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton

Been to Oxford Suites Silverdale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oxford Suites Silverdale

Property: Oxford Suites Silverdale
Address: 9550 Silverdale Way NW, Silverdale, WA 98383-8304
Region: United States > Washington > Silverdale
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
Hotel Class:3 star — Oxford Suites Silverdale 3*
Exceptional has never been so affordable! Located on the shores of Dyes Inlet, enjoy easy access to Waterfront Park and Kitsap Mall. Complimentary amenities include Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Reception, High Speed Wi-Fi, Parking, Indoor Pool, Spa, Sauna, Steam Room & Fitness Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxford Suites Silverdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Oxford Suites Silverdale Hotel Silverdale